BuildMyLed Factory Tour

barderer

Guys and Gals,

I was emailing with the friendly people over at BuildMyLed (based in Austin!) and asked if they do factory tours. They are totally up for it and I figured it would be a good thing for the group to do. If you are considering LEDs or just want to learn more about how they are manufactured etc. come on a tour and support local fish biz! Maybe if we are lucky the boss man will throw us a discount on some lights (hint hint). Anyway, just starting this thread to gauge interest and see how many people are up for going. If we can get a group of 5 or more then we can zero in on some potential dates.

LMK!

Nick

So long as its two weeks out as thats when our work schedules are made and id have to ask off, im so down.

Carpool? Ill pitch in for gas. My car has no AC and no good gas mileage lol

Hi all,

Thanks for your interest! I recognize a few names here--I've spoken, emailed with, or even met a few of you before. We're now located in a larger factory on the south side of Austin, and I'd be happy to show folks around and discuss pro's and con's of lighting, spectrum design, and some of the research we're involved in within reef and horticultural studies...and I know if Nick's in town he'd love to join in! We're open to hosting a meeting and tour on a weekday evening after 6pm or a weekend and you're welcome to bring snacks or drinks for the lobby.

Cheers,

Cara

I wish I were more local, I would be all over this, and jump back in line for a second tour. I love this kind of stuff. Went to moody gardens recently and I wanted to go check out the behind the scenes hatcheries and equipment rooms more than the display sides themselves

• 1 month later...

Update: Well the staff at buildmyled went radio silent. So I don't know if this is still going down.

Risking getting slapped on the wrist again here...

But if I had a nickel for every time I've heard that same sentence you just posted id have enough money to light my tank with 4-5 of their XB strips...

ok I tried again and still no response. Weird. Maybe my contact got fired or quit or something. Either way at this point I am going to call this event "delayed". I am sure there is a good reason.

Nick

Hey Nick, I've had you on the calendar since you confirmed the date--we are swamped with business right now but the tour is still scheduled. Please reach out to us by phone at 512-382-5881 anytime you have trouble reaching me, because I'm not finding any of your emails in my queue. And I'll check with the person who assigns emails to see where these went.

Cheers,

Cara

Cara!

There you are. Crazy you did not get my emails or thread updates. Basically I was asking for some directions of where people should show up or any special instructions. I sent 3 emails to your buildmyled address over the course of a few weeks.

That being said. Who is still in for the tour? I can still go on the 9th!

Nick

Archived