BuildMyLed Factory Tour

barderer

We're located at 8708 S. Congress Ave, Suite A-190, about two blocks north of where Congress hits Slaughter (just W of 35) and on the west side of the street. You'll pull behind the streetside row of shops (a popcorn shop, a fitness place), we're the first unit behind it and you'll see our sign. Feel free to park anywhere nearby, most of the businesses are closed by this time and there will be plenty of spaces. You're welcome to bring snacks or drinks to share in the front lobby and we can get started once everyone arrives. Give me a call if you have any questions, since I'm guessing your emails got routed to the Hort team (??) and they're all on the road right now.

Cheers,

Cara

Time: July 9th 7:30 P.M.

Where: We're located at 8708 S. Congress Ave, Suite A-190, about two blocks north of where Congress hits Slaughter (just W of 35) and on the west side of the street. You'll pull behind the streetside row of shops (a popcorn shop, a fitness place), we're the first unit behind it and you'll see our sign. Feel free to park anywhere nearby, most of the businesses are closed by this time and there will be plenty of spaces. You're welcome to bring snacks or drinks to share in the front lobby and we can get started once everyone arrives.

Rules: There will be no cameras or cell phones allowed on the factory floor

I will be there! Lets try to get at least 5.

Thanks,

Nick

I'll most likely be there. Just depends on work. Meg stated "That's like going to watch the show How It's Made in real life... BOOOOORING!" LOL. I love "How It's Made".

Great behind-the-scenes tour of BML this evening. Cara even let us see some of the crazy new fixtures coming out in the near future! Really cool stuff!

Just In time for the last 1/3 of your tank :)

Special thanks to Cara at BuildMyLED for giving us a thorough and great tour of the BuildMyLED facility. Looks like a great operation cranking out nice product. A little summary. First Cara gave us a presentation on LED manufacturing and the pros and cons of LED types. For example, a big problem in the industry today is the lack of efficiency in green LEDs thus producing a "green gap" in the capability of reproducing full spectrum lighting. Lucky for us reefers though as green easily overwhelms the ascetics that most of us like.

BuildMyLED actually does most of its business for the horticultural industry. Producing powerful efficient lights for indoor plant growth. We got to see some of the new lighting arrays with almost every inch packed with a LED. Surely very bright!

We wrapped up with Brian scoring some spare parts for his fixture and nerding out on some yellow slime tank talk. Who else has had the yellow slime?!!

Apologies once again for the communication mishap.

Nick

It's more like a cotton candy pink to Brown snot-like consistency or the white clear spiderweb type

The display looks good though.

I am up to 10mL of vodka so it could be from that and overfeeding.

Up to 5 BML strips on the tank now and got everythingmountedd thanks to the extra mounting pieces I needed for my last strip.

post-1271-0-48087800-1436761165_thumb.jpg

post-1271-0-01485400-1436761262_thumb.jpg

Archived