Pec turning off power

ckyuv

Just got a letter from pec saying they will be shutting off power from 1-5:30 in my neighborhood Wednesday. Think I should worry? I'm thinkin if I heat the house up real good before they pull the plug then temp might not drop too fast? I don't have battery backup on anything and don't have money to get it before Wednesday.

I wouldn't worry too much about it but the problem is if the 5:30 window gets extended due to some unforeseen circumstance.

You can rent a 3000w generator for 4 hours for $47 or all day for $68 from Home Depot. I would also just see if anyone from the club has one you can borrow for a day.

I wouldn't worry too much about it but the problem is if the 5:30 window gets extended due to some unforeseen circumstance.

You can rent a 3000w generator for 4 hours for $47 or all day for $68 from Home Depot. I would also just see if anyone from the club has one you can borrow for a day.

You can buy a small generator from Harbor Freight for $99. The club has one to loan for Premium Members as well if you want to pick it up, but you should be fine if you just run some battery powered bubblers.

http://www.austinreefclub.com/topic/21439-member-equipment-available-for-loan/

I would say get some battery powered air pumps from Academy (used for keeping bait alive) and throw those in there to keep the water oxygenated. Hopefully the temperature of the house/room it's in won't change much. Maybe getting some ice packs and warming them up if the house is cold would be a good idea too just in case the power is off and the water temp starts to drop?

Weather is going to be nice Wednesday afternoon and I don't worry about pumps being off for 10 - 12 hours. If it were my tank I wouldn't worry about it. BUT at least having a battery operated air pump is a good thing if power is off for any extended period of time.

I was able to grab a battery backup from work and I'll just run my gyre on it since it can break the surface pretty well and keep the tank flowing. I have a battery powered air pump for my bait bucket I'll use of the power is off for a long time too. Maby just to be safe Since I can control the thermostat from my phone I'll turn the heat up at the house like an hour before so temp won't drop to much. Generator is a good idea but I'd have to start it when I leave for work at 6 in the morning and I think the people that live around me would get mad lol

I was able to grab a battery backup from work and I'll just run my gyre on it since it can break the surface pretty well and keep the tank flowing. I have a battery powered air pump for my bait bucket I'll use of the power is off for a long time too. Maby just to be safe Since I can control the thermostat from my phone I'll turn the heat up at the house like an hour before so temp won't drop to much. Generator is a good idea but I'd have to start it when I leave for work at 6 in the morning and I think the people that live around me would get mad lol

What, no props for the human body heater idea? Last time I ever help you ckyuv! Apex live technical support out!

I know I can warm an area of a pool when I'm in it. I assume that strategy can work for his reef tank?

Sick! Did it turn blue around you sir?

I usually do it around little kids and wave my hands frantically underwater to disperse the point source. Then I'll complain to their parents to keep their children under control and teach them some proper manners!

What, no props for the human body heater idea? Last time I ever help you ckyuv! Apex live technical support out!

COAlVz7.jpg

Haha I missed that one, I don't climb in saltwater unless there is sun and beer involved!

Archived