75gal rimless Planet Aquarium

Jimbo662

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Finally got settled in the new place this week and started working on the tank. I need to get two kessil extension cables so I can finish the wires on the lights.

post-2872-0-68923500-1393770490_thumb.jp

Got everything installed either in or on the equipment box and already realize I need a larger box. Anyone know of something I can buy off the shelf? I'm using a bathroom cabinet that I found at Ikea.

post-2872-0-78077100-1393770510_thumb.jp

Everything is in the sump except the ATO reservoir.

post-2872-0-74006100-1393770528_thumb.jp

I added a breakout box along with window / door magnets to turn on the lights inside the cabinet. I had some Ecoxotic LED strips leftover from my planted tank and attached them to the roof inside the cabinet.

post-2872-0-63545000-1393770549_thumb.jp

Today will be adding the sand and working on scaping and attaching my RODI in the washroom.

I'm loving the sand. i went with the special grade agri live and rinsed it. Not seeing hardly any cloudiness at all and love the look of it. I'm planning to get 3 or 4 pieces of rock from Aquatek to fill out a little more on the left.

I am really liking the LR racks. Those look like something I wouldn't mind having in my tank for my drain lines to go into. They might catch some of the stuff that goes into the overflow and I can rinse off easliy. Maybe eliminate the need for filter socks all the time.

pod condos are the plan! i've got 5 of them...i moved those two to the tank so i could get to the filter sock easier. I'm only going to use the sock when i run nutrient transport mode on the vortechs so i won't need to get back there but once a week or so.

Well...I wasn't happy with the cabinet for the apex...it ended up being way too crowded and messy. Found a build thread on the neptune forum and ended up picking up that cabinet today. Just got it assembled...now just gotta get everything transferred over. Now I've got twice as much room.

post-2872-0-77500500-1394930067_thumb.jp

Well, I got everything transferred over to the new cabinet...and it all still works! I figured something would go haywire and take forever to figure out what I did wrong. Pics taken before I put the doors back on. I also added some casters to make it easier to move around...this sucker is heavy!

First pic is without the camera flash so you can see the light I installed inside the cabinet.

post-2872-0-95306900-1395607329_thumb.jp

post-2872-0-54988000-1395607383_thumb.jp

post-2872-0-08067000-1395607401_thumb.jp

Got my temp probe calibrated thanks to RichardL. Luckily the apex was reading exactly what Richards calibrated thermometer showed. Got the Ph probe connected and calibrated too. It's reading 8.07 right now so I'm happy. I need to pick up some CUC next weekend and get a QT tank set up and I'll be set!

I really like the look of the Apex setup. I want to do the same with mine. It looks like I have just as much stuff as you do and I am not a big fan of the way things look under my stand. Did you have cords that wouldn't reach? That is my only concern with doing something like you did, putting everything outside the stand. I am afraind I will have to use some extension cords, ugh

Didn't have any issues with cord length with the exception of the one vortech...I've got about 2-3" slack in it. The tank is 4' wide and it seems the vortech cords are 6' so I had to plan ahead that I was putting those two controllers in that top corner.

Archived