75gal rimless Planet Aquarium

Jimbo662

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bpb...too bad you weren't able to share in the misery of the flu I've been dealing with since Tues night!!! I lost two days that would have been perfect to work on the tank. Got the arms for the lights and heater. I went with a Finnex titanium heater that'll run through the apex.

JPowell, the lights are appx 6 1/2" from the surface when positioned center from front to back. The depth will be appx 16 - 16 1/2 from surface to sand bed. Is the height of the lights good or should they be lowered / raised?

attachicon.gifIMG_0334.jpg

I've got an offer on the house...hoping they schedule the closing for the end of Jan!!!

Very nice looking tank!!

Look into the 90 degree gooseneck adapters for your kessils. I have them on my tank and you would be suprised how much more sleak your tank will look.

http://reefbuilders.com/2013/11/13/kessil-90-degree-gooseneck-adapter/

It's much better with the adapter. You don't get the big arch you would with out it and it looks more like they're hanging from a nice bracket. Without the adapter I was having a hard time centering them over the tank because the goose neck wasn't limber enough to bend just right.

post-2872-0-64089600-1410450790_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a little over two weeks since I took some updated pics. Over the last week my rainbow BTA has finally decided he really like the kessils and decided to bubble up! I've had two RBTA's in the past and neither ever bubbled.

post-2872-0-44483200-1411334446_thumb.jp

• 5 weeks later...

Man that tank got packed quickly. Some really nice Lps pieces in there. Plan on moving any of it to the rocks or just letting it cover the sand? I like how you can see shimmer even in still shots

That's what a credit card, online sale at AquaSD and frag swap will do for you! :-)

I've decided I'm running out of real estate so I'm buying more rock to add so I can move stuff up. The current aqua scape is basically and island on the sand bed. Going to stack more along the back and up the wall.

Archived