75gal rimless Planet Aquarium

Jimbo662

That is the issue I will have, my tank is 6' so I will have that problem with a few pieces of equipment. Well I think it looks great and I can't wait to get started on mine

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd thought about mounting the vortech controller to the left side of the tank but apex says it needs to be close to the wxm module. I almost tested to see how far it would work but figured why bother since mine actually fit.

Ok, it's stocking recommendation time. I'm hoping to get a QT tank se up this weekend. I know I don't want to go to heavy on the bio load since I didn't go overboard on the live rock. Need something that'll take care of algae in place of a tang since it's just a 4 ft tank...unless you think I could get away with a yellow tang. I am planning to do a mandarin once I get the pod population going. Since it's rimless I'd rather go without any kind of cover so looking for the best options for non-jumpers. I have bought supplies to build a cover if I have to have one.

I really like how you made a display out of your control modules. Again, with much of your tank I will both currently watch in envy because you're going almost every direction I've wanted to go in my upgrade, but also giving me great ideas for when it actually does happen. What are you thinking about for stock? I may have missed that bit

Thanks...i've definitely been taking my time with this one.

I'd posted this earlier today but it got bumped to a previous page:

Ok, it's stocking recommendation time. I'm hoping to get a QT tank se
up this weekend. I know I don't want to go to heavy on the bio load
since I didn't go overboard on the live rock. Need something that'll
take care of algae in place of a tang since it's just a 4 ft
tank...unless you think I could get away with a yellow tang. I am
planning to do a mandarin once I get the pod population going. Since
it's rimless I'd rather go without any kind of cover so looking for the
best options for non-jumpers. I have bought supplies to build a cover
if I have to have one.

You could definitely do a bristletooth tang like a tomini or a kole tang. Tomini tangs are some of (quite possibly THE) smallest tangs in the hobby an, while not as bold as a powder blue or hippo, they've got nice subtle markings. There a dark gunmetal grey body color, with subdued tiny yellow stripes you gotta look close to see, with bright yellow dorsal and caudal fins, and a bright white tail fin. Aside from a brief period of territory misunderstanding with my big clarkii clownfish, mine has been cool as a cucumber since day one. That all being said...not the most diligent algae eater

Yeah a kole or tomini would def be a great option for your tank. Great active fish. You could def look into some blennies as well to help with algae control. The starry is a pretty cool looking fish. Of course there's always the old standby the lawn mower. If you have the stuff to build the cover might as well build it to be safe. Plus the with your size tank you could add some wrasse!! Tons of cool looking wrasse that could go into a 75.

What were you thinking? Most of the fairy and flasher wrasses are fairly peaceful. There are some pretty nice halichores as well.. Mysteries and six lines get pretty aggressive and may limit other wrasse choices.

If you're able to sustain pod populations and/or able to feed multiple times a day, and train one to eat prepared foods, a nice leopard wrasse is like a crown jewel in a tank to me. Favorite fish. They're difficult to keep and VERY non-aggressive, but if you get a healthy and confident one they're a spectacular fish to have I think as far as wrasses go

If you're able to sustain pod populations and/or able to feed multiple times a day, and train one to eat prepared foods, a nice leopard wrasse is like a crown jewel in a tank to me. Favorite fish. They're difficult to keep and VERY non-aggressive, but if you get a healthy and confident one they're a spectacular fish to have I think as far as wrasses go

Leopards are def nice looking fish. They are fairly delicate but some are hardier than others. If you get a healthy specimen they are very cool fish and will get along with most other fish. Sometimes some of the LFS will get some in that look pretty good. I have an ornate in my 55 that I've had for about a year and a half. Very cool fish. They do bury in the sand at night similar to the halichores wrasses.

You can get my tomini tang off of me if you're ever in the area. Its healthy, eats nori sheets, pellet food, frozen food, even pods, is always grazing algae off the rocks, and a model citizen. I really like this one but I like the yellow eye kole even more but am considering getting rid of my tangs to house a powder brown tang.

Hadn't looked at this in a while, sweet tank!! Glad to see it coming along! I'm assuming you already got the extension cables for the kessils but if you didn't I have 4 extra i believe.

Got a little progress made. Skimmer has been running a little over 24 hrs to break it in. Started putting together the frame for the screen. Should be ready for the first corals to go in this weekend!

post-2872-0-58282400-1396558273_thumb.jp

post-2872-0-67580700-1396558289_thumb.jp

I'm from New Jersey and would really like to get my hands on a Planet Aquarium tank. Can I ask if you went through a local (to you) lfs to get yours or did you go to them directly? Either way, could you steer me in the right direction to make contact? Thanks.

Archived