Our Little Ocean!

Brooks

Well, I bought these to try them out. They are absolutely amazing pumps, but I'm so picky... they are big pumps. But man, they do the trick.

And I don't think that Odyssea and Jebao are the same company. Jebo/Odyssea were the same, but this company is apparently on it's own. At least, thats what I have read on other forums. They are pretty sturdy. The controllability with the pump is nice -- I don't see what everyone complains about. The different modes are really cool.

Well, I bought these to try them out. They are absolutely amazing pumps, but I'm so picky... they are big pumps. But man, they do the trick.

And I don't think that Odyssea and Jebao are the same company. Jebo/Odyssea were the same, but this company is apparently on it's own. At least, thats what I have read on other forums. They are pretty sturdy. The controllability with the pump is nice -- I don't see what everyone complains about. The different modes are really cool.

Not sure if you heard, but be careful with, or don't use, the night sensor with your MH lights. I saw a company, but to be as helpful as possible I don't remember who, that sells replacements for $1. It is unclear if these are the same or designed for high lighting. The company is in Britain, so shipping may be rough. I can try to find it again if you want.

Well, the sensor goes on the controller, and the controller is under the tank. I am still not sure how the light sensor is supposed to help when the top of the tank is... well, at the top and the sensor/controller is... at the bottom? We'll see. But I haven't installed them yet. I don't think a night mode is really necessary...

Well, the sensor goes on the controller, and the controller is under the tank. I am still not sure how the light sensor is supposed to help when the top of the tank is... well, at the top and the sensor/controller is... at the bottom? We'll see. But I haven't installed them yet. I don't think a night mode is really necessary...

Well, you probably won't have a concerrn of it burning out then. Odd design feature.

Hopefully the CR 140 will fit under your stand like it wouldnt fit in mine smile.png. Good luck with it!

Thanks, Ian! If it doesn't fit, I'm coming to you for expert opinions on another alternative! ;)

Well, you probably won't have a concerrn of it burning out then. Odd design feature.

I know... I thought the same thing. Everyone, keep a lookout for the review I'll be posting on these. I am very impressed so far, but not all is happy in the wet and wild paradise that is, the 135.

I'd just get two strands out of a piece of cat5, solder the leads, heat shrink it and tada

That's because you are awesome and know what you're doing. I'd just take it to capt. Obvious and tada :).

Note: I have been band from electricity after trying to kill my girlfriend twice. Apparently she dances when getting zapped.

I'd just get two strands out of a piece of cat5, solder the leads, heat shrink it and tada

That's because you are awesome and know what you're doing. I'd just take it to capt. Obvious and tada smile.png.

Note: I have been band from electricity after trying to kill my girlfriend twice. Apparently she dances when getting zapped.

cept this is simply a photo resistor...there is no + or -, (almost) no way to screw it up...

http://learn.adafruit.com/photocells

This is a tempting proposition...I am free Saturday morning...

We are going to a cook-off in Buda Saturday... thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif

I don't even have a CO2 regulator, CO2 can, media, etc... any recommendations on something that isn't a $250 regulator? Lol

I used a second hand acetalyne gas touch regulator. I also purchased a good quality brass needle valve for fine tuning co2 bubble rate. It is the best investment that I every did. I used alkalinity to control with. Do not try to maximize alkalinity and calcium at the same time. Choose one or the other. I choose alkalinity because the test was easier for me.

Patrick

Do you have the opposite light schedule in your refugume? I thought you said the the sensor was in the stand where your fuge light would be.

I ended up putting it on the far right side of the stand so the sensor could be activated/deactivated by the MH when they go on-and-off.

I used a second hand acetalyne gas touch regulator. I also purchased a good quality brass needle valve for fine tuning co2 bubble rate. It is the best investment that I every did. I used alkalinity to control with. Do not try to maximize alkalinity and calcium at the same time. Choose one or the other. I choose alkalinity because the test was easier for me.

Patrick

Thanks for the advice Patrick! I will see what I can dig into.

@Yasmin, that is a good bundle. If I can't find anything locally, I'll be taking your recommendation and going with AquaCave!