Our Little Ocean!

Brooks

Do you have the opposite light schedule in your refugume? I thought you said the the sensor was in the stand where your fuge light would be.

I ended up putting it on the far right side of the stand so the sensor could be activated/deactivated by the MH when they go on-and-off.

>I used a second hand acetalyne gas touch regulator. I also purchased a good quality brass needle valve for fine tuning co2 bubble rate. It is the best investment that I every did. I used alkalinity to control with. Do not try to maximize alkalinity and calcium at the same time. Choose one or the other. I choose alkalinity because the test was easier for me.

Patrick

Thanks for the advice Patrick! I will see what I can dig into.

@Yasmin, that is a good bundle. If I can't find anything locally, I'll be taking your recommendation and going with AquaCave!

The regulator is definitely not an area that I would skimp on. Get something purpose built for aquariums! There are a few manufacturers who have them (carbondoser is what I have, but I have used miluakee's in the past and been happy with them).

As far as the cylinder goes,keep an eye on craigslist. When you take the bottle to praxair/airgas to fill it, they will generally swap it with a new cylinder instead of refilling the old one.

For media, BRS is the way to go in terms of cost.

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-05/sh/feature/ is the de facto guide for setting up CaRx's. I'm not super familiar with the RK controller, so I can't really help there, but I'm sure if you post in that section of the forum, someone will be able to help you with the setup/code.

I'm in the process of setting up my CaRx this weekend, so we can learn together :P

you can also fill at Homebrew and they will just fill your bottle and not swap.

As far as the light sensor goes, try reversing the wires you plugged in to see if it changes?

reversing the wires SHOULDN'T matter it is simply a photoresistor

you can also fill at Homebrew and they will just fill your bottle and not swap.

As far as the light sensor goes, try reversing the wires you plugged in to see if it changes?

reversing the wires SHOULDN'T matter it is simply a photoresistor

This is true, but this item was also made in china, might be that wonky. And its a simple test :)

If I learned ANYTHING from the chinese factories I used to be involved with, if it can be messed up they will do it. (yes please send me the prototype to america, and please I need the plug to be 220 V and rigged for your outlets....) Yeah it happened, then we sent it back and it arrived the same way just a different color cord.

Do you have the opposite light schedule in your refugume? I thought you said the the sensor was in the stand where your fuge light would be.

I ended up putting it on the far right side of the stand so the sensor could be activated/deactivated by the MH when they go on-and-off.

well, put it back in the stand by the fuge light. :).

go on....

Hehe, PM'd. A reef-gician never reveals his secrets.

I'd bet some are AAF (local and able to make good deal of colonies)

That, too! Gotta love AAF! Matt gets amazing stuff in, for sure.