Announcing the August ARC Meeting

dapettit

Teresa, thank you for your generosity of opening up your home to the ARC community. I really enjoyed your biotheme presentation. Your tanks are unique in their individual personalitys. Very nice.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=597+600+2980&pcatid=2980

Thank you for a sprig of this macro. It looks very nice displayed next to Sea Robin.

La bonne temps roulee,

Patrick

post-766-134534871079_thumb.jpg

See Robin is an ambush predator.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-766-134534897684_thumb.jpg

I couldn't help myself. I bought the yellow tang after the meeting.

post-766-134534905446_thumb.jpg

Kim,in the very back of tank is a red macro that is excellent display quality. It looks a lot like a purple gorgonian. When I identify this cultivar, I wii sen info.

post-766-134534909073_thumb.jpg

This is one of the scroll macro collected at the south jetty. I had assumed it destroyed between the Drawf Angels and Rabbit Fish but after my recent aqua scraping, I found it attached to a rock. I like the contrast between the Scroll Algae on the right and the Cabbage Leather on the Left.

Thanks to everyone who came, and to Teresa for hosting, it was a great meeting!

I can't remember who won the Air/Water/Ice gift certificate, but if whomever did could contact me via PM I'd appreciate it. T

Well I do have a predator tank with a yellow banded brittle sea star in my sump but I have an empty 47 that I got from Kim that I'm going to fill with nothing but anemonies thanks to the tank you have in your bedroom.

Well I do have a predator tank with a yellow banded brittle sea star in my sump but I have an empty 47 that I got from Kim that I'm going to fill with nothing but anemonies thanks to the tank you have in your bedroom.

Yay!!

Plus this thread: http://www.austinreefclub.com/topic/23497-new-rose-bubble-anemone-home-the-29g-tank/

And thanks to Patrick for the red macro. My wife noticed it hanging from the feeding clip and said it looked nice, and we should have some planted in the tank.... so now there is :)

lol.

It does not plant well. Tumble culture works best for it. I use it as a food source. Sometimes, I secur it to a rock with a rubber band and it displays well for a few days. You are welcome to some, anytime. It would be easy to set up a tumble culture in a 10G tank. Three 16 W PC bulbs woudl grow it well. For that matter, you could tumble culture in a 5G bucket.

Patrick

Archived