Vinegar Smell

brian.srock

So i cleaned my brute water changing trash can with cider vinegar and thought I rinsed it out pretty good but now that I have 20g of fresh RO/DI saltwater in it mixing up I can smell it a bit. Would be a real big waste to throw all the water out but I thought i'd let everyone chime in on their opinions. From what I've read vinegar is one of the ok items to clean a tank with and I also think people dose vinegar to reduce phosphates but don't know if cider vinegar is fine.. LMK.

its best to use just plain white vinegar and you never have to worry if some is left in there. Its a common product that is put directly in a tank to help with feeding bacteria. I currently dose 50Ml a day on my 110

its best to use just plain white vinegar and you never have to worry if some is left in there. Its a common product that is put directly in a tank to help with feeding bacteria. I currently dose 50Ml a day on my 110

+1, I dose 50-60 ml of 5% white vinegar every day with my kalkwasser.

I wouldn't worry about it if you rinsed it out well. You could test the pH, if there's not any difference from your tank or a batch made in another container you know for sure.