Official Port Aransas Summer 2012 Trip

mFrame

Port Aransas Summer Trip details  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We had a magical time on the trip. It was the first time going with our son. We had a blast seeing him have so much fun and discover all the new things. Lol, he calls the beach "the sandbox" biggrin.png All of the coordinated events really helped us have a great time, not having to worry about meals, fun company, and a great trip to the aquarium to break up the heat of the day. Not to mention all the tank-talk!

Thank you so much to the staff and subsea who worked so hard on the meals and bonfire. We had a blast! I'll try to post a couple pictures later.

The t-shirts are a very soft dry-fit material and really comfortable! Get one!!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_robin

With help, I will supply pictures later. I caught one of these Sunday evening at the South Jetty. Not being a big fan of Peppermint Shrimp, I was tickled pink to put this in my 75G seaweed growout tank outside. Also collected some red macro algae that looked pretty growing amongst the rock. Also collected was some pretty Scroll Macro. I forgot to get the sandbed claims that were in abundance along the beach.

For me, this time of year is way tooo hot. I will do this again during the fall/winter. Hotel rates more resonable and pleasant weather to be enjoyed during the middle of the day.

Patrick

I'm going to do everything possible to make a trip in Sept/Oct. It won't be the same without a nice big crew to chat and hang with though. I know everyone had a good time because I have had the best time the last four years!!!

Thunder is doing great. He gets his staples out in a week, but he's already anxious to not be in his cage. My boss has allowed me to work half days in the office and the rest at home so that I can feed him three times a day. We were really lucky with this whole situation. If I had waited any longer it could have turned out so much different!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_robin

With help, I will supply pictures later. I caught one of these Sunday evening at the South Jetty. Not being a big fan of Peppermint Shrimp, I was tickled pink to put this in my 75G seaweed growout tank outside. Also collected some red macro algae that looked pretty growing amongst the rock. Also collected was some pretty Scroll Macro. I forgot to get the sandbed claims that were in abundance along the beach.

For me, this time of year is way tooo hot. I will do this again during the fall/winter. Hotel rates more resonable and pleasant weather to be enjoyed during the middle of the day.

Patrick

Cool looking fish. Look forward to checking out your haul and catching up.

Fun and lessons from Port A

Fun:

Getting to drive an RV like a beast!

Seeing Jenny swim in the ocean for the first time

Watching my girls have a ball on the beach

Critter collecting at the Jetty's!!

Bonfire with fellow reef enthusiast

Quality time with new and old friends

Lessons:

Never rent an RV

It eats gas like a beast

When the toilet overflows, you have to clean it yourself, there's no calling maintenance on that one

In the end, its cheaper to just do the hotel room

Archived