Official ARC Sea World Summer 2012 Trip

mFrame

Who's attending  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mike, You may have posted this but I can't seem to find it.

Where do we meet for the tour?

We'll meet at the "Ports of Call", where we're having lunch. If you're not eating lunch with us you should plan to meet up no later than 3:45pm so that we will all be together for the tour.

I believe tour group sizes are 15 people, so we'll have about 3 groups.

Please note, TOUR TICKETS WERE NOT SHIPPED WITH THE OTHER TICKETS TODAY. If you are only picking up tour tickets there is NO NEED to be at RCA or Aquadome as we don't have anything to give you tonight. Tour tickets will be distributed at "Ports of Call" after lunch. Please plan to be there no later than 3:45pm on Saturday to get your tour tickets.

The envelope containing your admission and meal tickets that you receive tonight may say, "+ Tour", but they do not contain your tour tickets.

Per request or unconfirmed status, I've held the tickets for Deangelove, Fragit, KevinB, and Yankee Longhorn. If we haven't discussed pickup plans yet, please contact me via PM to arrange getting your tickets.

Thanks for setting this up arc! It will be fun. Thanks to Aquadome and RCA for the pick up locations. Pickup went very smoothly.

Yes it did, thanks to everyone for showing up and getting your tickets!

Mike, are there still 2 extra tickets available?

We would love to stop by Elegant Reef after, I just can't rsvp for sure because the toddler might not last that long. If it's still on, and my son is doing well, we will definitely stop by.

Mike, are there still 2 extra tickets available?

We would love to stop by Elegant Reef after, I just can't rsvp for sure because the toddler might not last that long. If it's still on, and my son is doing well, we will definitely stop by.

Last two tickets sold.

Thank you Mike for organizing this! The family had a lot of fun, and it was great to spend time with some of the members.

Some of the members? I enjoyed all the members ;) It was so fun. We were really treated like royalty. And apparently, according to Andrew (the guide) we were very fortunate to be able to speak with mark. Who is a big deal at sea world.

Didn't get home until 11. What a day.

I win - didn't get home till 1am...

And apparently, according to Andrew (the guide) we were very fortunate to be able to speak with mark. Who is a big deal at sea world.

I'm not sure everyone caught it because of the noise in that room, but he came in on his day off when he heard our reef club was coming in.

Thanks for organizing, Mike.

Didn't get home until 11. What a day.

I win - didn't get home till 1am...

And apparently, according to Andrew (the guide) we were very fortunate to be able to speak with mark. Who is a big deal at sea world.

I'm not sure everyone caught it because of the noise in that room, but he came in on his day off when he heard our reef club was coming in.

Thanks for organizing, Mike.

Wow I didn't realize that, Chris. It's great that he was as excited about talking to us as we were to see some of the operations.

I was impressed with how welcoming the staff were and I hope we can do this again sometime

I just wanted to say thanks for everyone who participated. I couldn't have been prouder of our members and the turnout, all of you are what make the effort worthwhile and the club fun. Let's give a round or applause for the staff and all they did to make this happen! I've already heard back from SeaWorld about how much they enjoyed having us there. Evidently some other club events have been problematic, so they were taking a chance with us and they couldn't be happier with the result. They already want to start talking about next year's trip and how to do even more for us.

And yes, as Bige said, Mark Telzrow (the coral guy) came in on his day off just to be able to show us their setup. He said they are totally into reefkeepers and hobbyists and he really enjoyed it. He mentioned that he hopes to be at MACNA this year for anyone who wants to stop by and say hi.

thanks for organizing the trip and the tour, we had a great time! i loved those corals they had in the back and the ray touch tank. anyone know what was going on with the shamu show - the trainers now getting in the water with them anymore?