Official ARC Sea World Summer 2012 Trip

mFrame

Who's attending  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

(I've cleaned up and consolidated this thread to try and provide all relevant info in this first post)

ARC SeaWorld Summer 2012 Trip

The details:

Saturday, June 30th

Sea World of Texas

10500 Sea World Dr.

San Antonio, TX 78251

Map to Sea World

Park Admission:

If we have 50-99 attendees admission will be $18 each. To obtain this discounted admission rate requires the purchase of a $12.99 hamburger lunch, so actual admission cost is $30.99. Keep in mind that normal internet advance ticket price is $49.99 for adults and 39.99 for children, so this is a bargain! Please note *** We MUST have at least 50 attendees purchasing admission in order to get this discount. ***

Tickets MUST be purchased in advance through ARC. Getting the discount at the ticket gate is NOT an option.

Tour Admission:

admission for the 60 minute "Behind the Scenes" tour will be $12.

Children under 3 are admitted free and may attend the tour for free as well. (only 2 and under. Children 3 or older must have a ticket.)

That's a total cost of $42.99 for admission, lunch, and tour. Existing season pass holders may opt to just buy the tour ticket if they so choose.

Please note, your $20 admission may be applied toward the cost of a season pass on the day of the visit should you wish to return later this summer.

We will have a designated area for lunch so that we can all meet up there.

You can arrive and stay for as long as you like, do your own thing or stay together as a group if you wish. We will try to get a designated section of picnic tables marked off in the will have a designated eating area or something similar. The tour will be at approximately 4pm. We'll announce the time and place to meet.

There are some BIG changes to SeaWorld San Antonio this year, primarily they are opening Aquatica next week. (Watch the video here) Aquatica is a giant waterpark (slides, pools, etc.) with a slide that goes through a glass tunnel through a giant marine aquarium. There will now be a giant saltwater pool where you can wade and play with over 200 stingray, and feed and touch other marine life. They've also added acres and acres of white sand beaches along their pools. (may be additional costs for special events). Admission to Aquatica is separate from admission to SeaWorld, and is $20 per person. Since it is new they are not offering discounts for admission to it.

This is going to be an AWESOME trip, so be sure not to miss it!

*** Latest Updates ***

I'll be marking the count as PAID as I receive payments. I will have to purchase all the tickets a few days ahead of time and have a method to distribute them before the event. I'm thinking we may have two meet-ups (RCA and Aqua-Dome) a few days before the trip in order to distribute tickets. Payments must be received by June 15th to insure that we have enough time to get the tickets and distribute them.

The price on ARC SeaWorld t-shirts is $18, and is the dri-fit wicking material. Available for order here.

*** Update 6/5/2012 ***

Please note there have been some changes to the cost/structure of admittance. Our contact, Ray, has done his best to get the club the best deal possible, but due to some mis-communications the following changes have been made. Please note that SeaWorld has further discounted the admission and tour costs to try and offset the required lunch. This is still an excellent deal!

• Admission cost has been lowered to $18 per person but does require the purchase of the lunch plan ($12.99), so admission with lunch is $30.99. Compare this to the normal gate price of $49.99 per person.
  • Tour cost has been lowered to $12 per person.

If you have already pre-paid for your tickets you will need to pay the difference. Please contact me if that is the case and we will make arrangements to do so. Anyone who pre-paid who wishes to change their mind is eligible for a full refund.

The last day to purchase tickets will be midnight, Friday June 15th. If you miss that deadline you will still be able to attend the tour for $12, but will have to arrange your own park admission.

Tickets should be available for pickup on Thurs, June 28th around 6:30pm at either River City Aquatics or the Austin Aqua-Dome. You'll need to let us know which location you intend to pick up at.

*** Update 6/17/2012 ***

Austin Reef Club

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Proposed Itinerary

*Park closes at 10:00 pm

9:00 am or later

Upon arrival, your group will enter SeaWorld’s main gate and are free to enjoy the park at their leisure. Enjoy the many exhibits and shows SeaWorld has to offer

9:00 am - 2:30 pm

Free Time

2:30 pm - 3:30 pm

Lunch: Your lunch will be served at Ports of Call. This location offers seven private pavilions. Our Executive Chef and SeaWorld’s Catering Department will prepare an unforgettable lunch or picnic dinner.

A private pavilion will be allocated to your group.

2:30 pm - 3:30 pm

30 Minute Character Appearance (fun for kids of all ages!)

3:30 pm – 4:00 pm

Guests are free to mix and mingle for the remainder of their allotted time.

4:00 pm – 5:00 pm

Behind the Scenes Tour

5:00 pm – 10:00 pm

Guests are free to enjoy the park at their leisure

10:00 pm or earlier

Guests depart.

*** Update 6/26/2012 ***

The guys at Elegant Reef have been generous enough to offer us an ARC members-only dinner to wrap up our trip to SeaWorld. When you leave the park, head over to check out their store and grab some food (hamburgers, hotdogs, and refreshments). They close their doors at 5pm on Saturday, so we'll have the whole place to ourselves! They are located about 20-30 minutes from SeaWorld (map), so plan to be there between 5-6:30pm so they don't have to wait up too late for us.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Confirmed attendees:

ACampbell - 1 for park, 0 for tour - PAID

bannerfish - 2 park, 2 tour - PAID

bige - 4 for park, 4 for tour - PAID

boognish - 4 for park, 4 for tour - PAID

clarkiicircus - 0 park, 2 tour - PAID

dapettit - 10 park, 2 tour - PAID

deangelove- 2 park, 2 tour - PAID

dena - 2 park, 2 tour - PAID

fishcraze_1 - 8 park, 4 tour - PAID

Fragit - 1 park, 1 tour - PAID (partial)

grim - 3 for park, 3 for tour - PAID

jamesl - 3 park, 3 tour - PAID

Joe-y- 6 park, 0 tour - PAID

KevinB - 2 park, 3 tour - PAID

KimP - 2 for park, 2 for tour (and a 2yr old!) - PAID

kmmthree- 2 park, 2 tour - PAID

Lyle - 6 park, 0 tour - PAID

meteorflower - 5 park, 0 tour - PAID

mframe - 3 for park, 3 for tour - PAID

nitewindes - 2 park, 2 tour - PAID

nwehrman - 0 park, 1 tour - PAID

Photodude - 7 park, 1 tour - PAID

STemple ATX - 3 park, 3 tour - PAID

Yankee Longhorn - 2 park, 2 tour - PAID

running total: 82 park, 56 tour

sounds awesome! one more question from me, do i have to be a paid member in this forum to go on the trip? my husband will be going with me, does he also have to be a paid member to go?

Great question! No, you do not have to be a paid member to go on the SeaWorld trip (or the Coast trip for that matter), nor do spouses or kids. If you want to bring a friend or co-worker, this is a fun and easy way to introduce them to our hobby.

All we ask is that if you like these kinds of activities and appreciate the effort the club and its staff are going to, consider becoming a Premium Member when the time is right for you. We know times are tight for many of our members and their families which is one of the many reasons we have tried to set up some events like this. If we can use the size of the club to get better deals or special opportunities for our members, we'll do it! We will continue to strive to make our Premium Membership an incredible value. So come one, come all, and have a blast!

so when /where do we pay?

Good question. I'm not sure if we'll need to meet at the park at a special time and enter as a group or if there will be a guest list or code to present at the ticket window.

I do not believe that you will have to pre-pay, that is, you should be able to pay the day of the trip. I'm also trying to confirm if admission to the new waterpark Aquatica is included in the admission or if there is a separate ticket required for it.

there didnt used to be anything additional to the water park area but who knows now that they changed it up so much... super excited will talk to the hubby this evening to see what he thinks!! will give you number asap!

Aquatica is a separate charge now but like Mike said looking into the package prices he received - I have never seen admission prices that cheap!

We already have our season passes. Have already been once in April, going again in May and then again in June with ARC. Very exciting but because we have passes I am fine with just doing one or two things and then letting the kids play vs trying to cram it all in one day and be exhausted!

Nicole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please note the updates to the initial post:

• we must have at least 50 attendees purchasing tickets in order to get the discount
  • tickets must be purchased in advance through ARC (available in the store here)
  • children 2 and under are free. 3 and up need a ticket.
  • lunch will be prior to the tour
  • tour will begin at approximately 4pm
  • admission to Aquatica is a separate charge and is $20 per person

Many people have mentioned bringing friends and family members, so make sure that you post here so we can accurately track the head count.

Tickets are available in the store. ARC Event t-shirts will be available for pre-order in the store once the design contest ends.

I'll be marking the count as PAID as I receive payments. I will have to purchase all the tickets a few days ahead of time and have a method to distribute them before the event. I'm thinking we may have two meet-ups (RCA and Aqua-Dome) a few days before the trip in order to distribute tickets. Payments must be received by June 15th to insure that we have enough time to get the tickets and distribute them.

I got prices on ARC SeaWorld t-shirts, and for the dri-fit wicking material we're looking at about $10-12 apiece and should be able to accommodate most sizes.

Archived