Back wall of tank - To scrape or not to scrape

FarmerTy

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mixed feelings on this....love the clear/clean look, but it's so much easier not to scrape (so I don't).

I make myself feel better by telling myself it helps to grow pods/food for the tank. ;)

Haha, in the same boat. Love the clean look but way to lazy to clean it so I make justifications as well... I was really fishing for more excuses from local ARC'ers to make myself feel even better about being lazy.

Mixed feelings on this....love the clear/clean look, but it's so much easier not to scrape (so I don't).

I make myself feel better by telling myself it helps to grow pods/food for the tank. wink.png

Never scrape the back. I equate scraping the back to wearing a tophat around your house alone. Sure it may be fancy and refined, but.there is noone to appreciate it and will likely go un-noticed and seems like a ton of work. Also...kinda like rings on a tree, it gives an idea of how established the tank is.

• Like 1

Never scrape the back. I equate scraping the back to wearing a tophat around your house alone. Sure it may be fancy and refined, but.there is noone to appreciate it and will likely go un-noticed and seems like a ton of work. Also...kinda like rings on a tree, it gives an idea of how established the tank is.

Ah yes, but when people do happen to stop by they'll be so impressed ...and you'll always look top notch in photos! :lol:

I like a clean dark background much better than coraline, seems to make tge color of tge corals stand out better...whether I'm actually gonna scrape it off or not is a diff story lol. Sometimes I'm in the mood, sometimes I'm not. I want to try mounting corals to the back wall next and see how that goes. Gives me a good excuse to buy more corals :D