ARC Meeting

dapettit

With the meager turn outs and lack of hosts I have decided not to have meeting during October, November, & December.

Thanks to all of you who volunteered to host a meeting.

I will have the annual photography class, which has been completely revamped, in January.

Should you have any questions or comments please send them via PM.

Dave-

Awww that's a shame, I was looking forward to coming to the next one. The last one was a bit far for me and the one before was during my parents visiting from England.

Oh well, guess I'll have to wait until next year to say hello properly. :D

• 1 month later...

I am disappointed that more people did not participate in the monthly meetings. For the moderators and core group that attened these meetings I can say that it is fun to have met you'll in person. In a time when much information is made available at the touch of a button, the personnel exchange of information is too often devalued. It is a shame that more benefit from the extensive experience of individuals at these meetings could not be passed on. I enjoy the exchange of ideas between people that are passionate about a hobby as diverse as reef keeping.

In the future thought about topics for meetings, Perhapes a thread could be set up to poll peoples thoughts on what topics would be of interest. Volunteers could be screened on the knowledge level of the topic concerned and either host a meeting or double up with someone else to host. I think if we research topics of interest and present differing points of view on the same topic we may generate more interest. Instead of having meetings every month, try every two or three months.

I would like to volunteer to speak about "Less Technology, More Biology".

I have almost always enjoyed meeting the people behind the words.

La bonne temps roulee.

Patrtick Castille

• 2 weeks later...

I'll throw my place in the ring. Lots of nice shady outdoor space and decks for socializing. I think a frag sale would work well too.

^^^ + 1,000,000 to this. Perfect fish club meet up place. Freshwater tank inside, Koi pond outside, Saltwater tank in man cave. Even a fence so the dancing girls can't been seen!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

2012 meetings will be held the third Saturday of each month, so here's the schedule for this year. If you are still interested in hosting please PM me.

Feb 18

Mar 17

Apr 21

May 19

Jun 16

Jul 21

Aug 18

Sep 15

Oct 20

Nov 17

Dec 15

• 2 weeks later...

The calendar for our regular meetings has been set for the year for Saturdays, but I can understand that can rule out some members being able to go. We can definitely look at scheduling additional times and/or the frag swaps for Sundays based on what members think.

• 1 month later...

I GOT MY MEMBER CARD YESTERDAY!!

thanks!!

Thanks to our meeting coordinators Dave & Robin for their effort to get all the membership packages out last weekend. New membership cards are in the mail, and are available for pickup to valid existing Premium Members who would like to replace their cards. The new cards are plastic, more durable, and serve as both your membership discount card and as a name tag at meetings and events.

I hope they have my new address! Or are you personally going to deliver it Mike since I'm member # 007?

Valid existing Premium Members who would like to replace their cards can pick up a new one at club meetings and events. New cards are also being sent out with renewals.

Admit it, you're missing Austin! Could be a good reason to drive the 15 hrs back to pick up your card!

I hope they have my new address! Or are you personally going to deliver it Mike since I'm member # 007?

Admit it, you're missing Austin! Could be a good reason to drive the 15 hrs back to pick up your card!

I miss my house and my friends. We are happy here. Sweet tea everywhere!

I GOT MY MEMBER CARD YESTERDAY!!

thanks!!

Thanks to our meeting coordinators Dave & Robin for their effort to get all the membership packages out last weekend. New membership cards are in the mail, and are available for pickup to valid existing Premium Members who would like to replace their cards. The new cards are plastic, more durable, and serve as both your membership discount card and as a name tag at meetings and events.

So they serve as name cards for meetings but what happens when people change their names on the forum? Also, I'm not sure I would want my forum name readily available as it might make me a target for people who want to make sure to bring up old arguments or restate their points.... Just my 2 cents :)