JEREMY'S 200G eurobraced build

offroadodge

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well i have been having alot of coral death...think its a combo of new tank,MG level to low, and salinity being at 1.023. Everything has been stabile for about a month now and things are starting to improve. On to the next thing, Im getting tired of all the noise of a MAG 18 & 24. So i purchased a REEFLO Hammerhead and have all the plumbing preglued except for 2 joint, maybe this weekend i can get it switched. I will have to drain the return side of the sump so i can install a bulkhead for the new pump to be plumbed to. It should be nice cause it will get rid of 4 pumps in the sump and alot of excess power drainage. The new pump only uses about 1/3 of the power or less than all 4 pumps. I will post pics tomorrow night.

well i have been having alot of coral death...think its a combo of new tank,MG level to low, and salinity being at 1.023. Everything has been stabile for about a month now and things are starting to improve. On to the next thing, Im getting tired of all the noise of a MAG 18 & 24. So i purchased a REEFLO Hammerhead and have all the plumbing preglued except for 2 joint, maybe this weekend i can get it switched. I will have to drain the return side of the sump so i can install a bulkhead for the new pump to be plumbed to. It should be nice cause it will get rid of 4 pumps in the sump and alot of excess power drainage. The new pump only uses about 1/3 of the power or less than all 4 pumps. I will post pics tomorrow night.

I understand how you feel right now brother due to i have been in the same past. I didn't lose them because of upgrade, but due to travelling and work. But look it is a nice setup coming along great. Look at the Bright side you can always get back some SPS from our member that you have sold to, that what i did even though they all in Dallas and iam in Austin. But cheer up brother you got SPS skill and i think is more fun growing them back from small frag more interesting that way.

Edited by Tommy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So over the New Years weekend i took out all my pumps and replumbed the tank. Here is the new pump. I built a manifold to run all the equipment that needed a pump, and YES i know but what if the pump goes out? Well i guess if it goes out and i have to turn the tank off, then i do. There are enough powerheads in the tank to run for awhile. Not to worried. The new pump is a Reeflo Hammerhead.

post-395-0-96835500-1326560252_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

so i have had a small leak from the rear bearing on the pump and REEFLO was kind enough to send me another under warranty. Since installing the 1st new pump i have had a few things that i would have done differently. One being the manifold, the current manifold doesnt allow for any way to remove the pump w/o alot of headaches. Also i needed more outlets than i thought. so here is the revised manifold. Another thing is i didnt have any backflow protection incase the electric goes out so i have purchased 2 of them also. I am starting to see a return in color to all of the small SPS that i have left. I have been collecting more fish for the time being, later i will get back into the SPS world. Once you have had colonies the size of a basketball its hard to get away from them.

So the manifold will work like this the cross at bottom will feed the CA reactor on one side and the other will have a ball valve to drain the sump/tank, the next 2 fittings are 1" and will feed the returns, the next 2 -one will feed Carbon/GFO, one will feed UV sterilizer. The top cap/plug will be incase i ever need an extra port for anything.

post-395-0-34534200-1330201272_thumb.jpg

post-395-0-68970800-1330201294_thumb.jpg

What did you buy to prevent backflow?

MMMM...backflow valves. Nothing special. i got them from aquacave, well they are shippn them this week.

@ Bannerfish= they DID look great but now they are all dead. Alot of issues and not enough patience when i switched tanks. It was all my fault and my fault only.