JEREMY'S 200G eurobraced build

offroadodge

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tank looks really great Jeremy. very impressive. Would you mind sharing with me some detailed views of the brackets and materials you used for your lighting fixture lift? I am in the process of doing the exact same thing actually for my new 270 gallon. What size actuators did you use (ratings etc)? Could you snap a pic of the hyme joints and the braces underneath the canopy? This seems to be causing me the most heartache. I am concerned about all the weight from my canopy exerting forward on the linear actuators. Do you notice any sag, etc? Thanks for any and all info, your tank build is an inspiration.

so the material i used was DOM/ODM (one or the other) pipe, its alittle more expensive but the fit on the two pipe is awesome. There are some things i would change in the mounting locations, but it easier to explain on the phone. Basically i would have a rolleragainst the glass at the top of the aquarium. and the actuators would be up there. As far as the sag you are talkn about YES you have to be able to adjust the brace on the back to where it is pre-loaded. The hyme joint (rodends) are just like the ones used on racecar suspension, they are an eyelet that is threaded. I welded a nut in the end of the tube going into the canopy that matched the thread and thats how i adjusted the canopy -vs- the preload of the brace. The only decent pic i have is this one. As far as the acuators, they are 6" push,150lbs each, at full load they move 1/2"/sec.(fully loaded) The braces under the canopy are the long arm all the way to the front and a 45 degree bar back to the bottom.

post-395-0-13426500-1311732297_thumb.jpg

post-395-0-17169000-1311732299_thumb.jpg

salt was added tonight, skimmer went crazy. By the end of the weekend the 1st 100lbs of LR will go in and then another waiting game. Probly/hopefully if the cycle goes well by the 1st of Sept ill be startn the transfer of electronics and corals.

i took some pics tonight of the layout of the LR, im sure its gonna change a little. I may be moving my corals sooner that i wanted. I let my KH get a little low and i thnk thats what is causing a few or my corals to STN. If i do, its gonna be a LONG weekend.

ok, i got out the regular camera and took some pics. Its just the tank,LR,sand and water. Ive ben waiting for 2wks on my new powerheads and controler from TUNZE, they are supposed to be in this week. They need to be causei realy need to get my stuff switched.

post-395-0-25377900-1312724663_thumb.jpg

post-395-0-87271800-1312724665_thumb.jpg

post-395-0-41974600-1312724668_thumb.jpg

thanks Clynt, im gonna add a little bit of mine also. The corals that are on rocks will be put in with them. The ones that i wanna move will be popped off the rock and remounted. Got my 2x6105s and 7096 controller finally today. Its nice to be able to tune and set the different options. I have them at 50% power and they rock.

That's just the T5s and VHOs on in that pic. The 2/400Ws aren't on. So yesterday I spent moving calcium reactor and chiller. Oh and the autotop off. Then I watched the equipment to make sure everything was working correctly. Today im actually gonna finish the move (fish-corals)

Archived