JEREMY'S 200G eurobraced build

offroadodge

My twin brother shaved his chest and he said NEVER again...LOL maybe LASER but dont thnk shaving is in for my future. When the tank was taped together i just wanted to LOOK at it. wife was scared it ws gonna fall apart so i took it back apart. DANGIT...I have decided to build the tank on the stand, theres just to much involved to try and lift it up onto the stand, and that away it will dry how its gonna set. I have some scaffolds at work that im gonna bring home to be able to reach down into the tank once the front glass is on. until then everything can be done from the front and sides. MAN im all wound up...

Jeremy- Two things

1st YOU DA MAN! Looks freaking awesome!

2nd Please shave your chest or wear a shirt next time. My two year old thought he saw big foot!

haha

But all kidding aside it looks awesome, I'm jealous!

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks Dale, that would be a huge help. Thanks for all the offers for help and equipment.

Hey Jeremy,

I have a 4 bulb 4' t5 fixture you can use as a temporary light when you get to that point. Just let me know if and when you need it.

-Dale

WELL...i got the stand all finished (mostly). All i can do till the tank is ontop of it. I went ahead and stained the stand and put 2 heavy coats of polyurethane on top. Looks good to me. I got most of the glass cleaned and taped for assembly tomorow. I probably wont get any sleep tonight but thats ok. Wish me luck. I wanting to see what everyones opinion is on background color? BLACK or BLUE. LMK what yall think. I have black now on my current tank so IDK. once i decide im gonna try and find some vinly sheet sticker to apply to the glass. Headed to bed, ill post some picks of the stand tomorow sometime.

Ive done both colors and I have to say I like the dark blue the best... And instead of mine being painted dark blue I have a piece of plastic sheeting that sits behind my tank.. It is nice to be able to remove to be able to see behind the rock work if I drop something or if something falls back there.

TANK is built...you always learn something, me being slightly ainal the silicone didnt turn out perfect but its not gonna leak. knowing now i would have started pulling the tape as i got done with each piece of glass. No biggie but there in lies the small problem of having a pefect looking silicone job. Its mainly on the bottom edge and wont be a big deal when there is sand in the bottom. Other than that it looks great, there will be a little clean up to do but for my 1st tank its beautiful. Now the waiting time...the hardest part. In the meantime i will think about canopy build in a week or so and trim around the bottom of tank.

post-395-0-18949400-1306604105_thumb.jpg

post-395-0-15271700-1306604107_thumb.jpg

post-395-0-75018100-1306604295_thumb.jpg

ok, i could be redone after 10 days but the he** with it, sand will cover it and oh well. The radiused bead on the inside is realy for looks anyways, its the flat matting surface between the glass where it gets its strength. Oh and i added a pic of the small eurobrace just for good measure.

post-395-0-11033600-1306616467_thumb.jpg

post-395-0-93756500-1306616468_thumb.jpg

post-395-0-97840800-1306616485_thumb.jpg

WELL...i got the stand all finished (mostly). All i can do till the tank is ontop of it. I went ahead and stained the stand and put 2 heavy coats of polyurethane on top. Looks good to me. I got most of the glass cleaned and taped for assembly tomorow. I probably wont get any sleep tonight but thats ok. Wish me luck. I wanting to see what everyones opinion is on background color? BLACK or BLUE. LMK what yall think. I have black now on my current tank so IDK. once i decide im gonna try and find some vinly sheet sticker to apply to the glass. Headed to bed, ill post some picks of the stand tomorow sometime.

You have pm...

have you given any thought to leaving the back clear and using the clear pvc for your down tubs and return? ive seen a tank like that it looked awesome. it sure looks sweet though gonne be a nice setup..

Thanks, J. How did you decide what corners would be connected with your euro-bracing?

Not realy i just threw it together, maybe i did have a thought thatthe 2 biggest pieces would need 2 B supported more than the sides. thats Y i made it the lenght of the widest span and over lapped the sides 2".

I would have thought that the euro brace on top would have needed to be one piece to actually be effective..

there isnt to many glass manuf. that will cut you a piece of glass with a HUGE hole in it like that, from the ones i talked to it WILL break if it were one piece. To rigid, the tank needs to be able to have a litttle flex like your house does but not as much. PPL dont realize there houses expand and contract in summer and winter as much as .5" or more

have you given any thought to leaving the back clear and using the clear pvc for your down tubs and return? ive seen a tank like that it looked awesome. it sure looks sweet though gonne be a nice setup..

Havent thought about that, i thnk dark blue or black is my option, there is a window behind it and it has DARK solar screen on it but i still wanna block the light as much as possible

Archived