JEREMY'S 200G eurobraced build

offroadodge

so yes its gonna be 1/2" glass, DALES is 3/4" and its a 440G. The water height will be around 24" so the 1/2' will be fine, my 120G i have now only has 3/8" glass eurobraced. I looked online and found a calculator for glass thickness and there rating is 0-4, 4 being overkill thickness and my dimesions came in at 3.64, it all has to do will the height of the water. If i were gonna fill it the whole way then maybe id go with 3/4". As far a what the overflow box will be? IDK yet how i wanna go. Right now box on back with (2) 1"drains, i know it will be noisey so i just need to look at the options. Oh the actual water volume will only be 185ish to 190

Dale's is 360 gallons I believe not that it matters. That skimmer look like the same design as mine, with the plate in the bottom. Do they call it a dual chamber? I could have got you wholesale pricing on a Deltec but I think its a little late now ^_^

Oh well...it looks like i may just cart the stand around the house and in threw the front door, i dont realy wanna have all the chemicals and sanding dust in the house. I will need help when it come to that cause the skeleton is already to heavy for me to move other than lifting one end and sliding it. This stand is gonna be a TANK. I need the bottom glass before i can add the skin to the outside of stand so i will have to wait. I bought the hinges for the doors and the birch to put the outer skin on. PATIENCE....i need some.

ok, my wife and i got the wall done. She needed it done before June 2nd for a wine tasting here at the house so i met her deadline. Thank to everyone for the offers for help, when the time come i will message yall. It will probably be a month or o away depending on how time goes. Thanks

post-395-0-31211400-1305390521_thumb.jpg

So here is my thoughts of how im gonna layout the sump are. #1 will be the 10G ATO resovoir, #2 the CO2 bottle, #3 the CA Reactor, #4 on the other side of wall will be all the electronics and monitors, and #5 once the outer skin is on there will be shelfs for chemicals. And thought i would give a teaser pic of the new equipment, the sump makes the skimmer look small IMO.

post-395-0-90981800-1305402007_thumb.jpg

ok well guess what came in today and its realy nice. The edges are beautiful and im very impressed. I started with the back glass and installed the overflow box, and let me tell ya its not easy trying to put something this small together and make the silicone look PERFECT. Its ok but...its just an overflow box. The serious stuff comes when putting the tank together. Heres some pics.

post-395-0-69905300-1305853360_thumb.jpg

post-395-0-93641500-1305853362_thumb.jpg

ok, well i had to go to FtWorth yesterday so i didnt get to work on the stand till today. I started at 8am and finished just a little bit ago. Finish work has to be done now. The board that is missing at the top is going to be installed once the tank is on top of the stand. All 3 doors were hand made, the one on the end is where the electronics will go, and the holes in the back of the stand is where all the plumbing and chiller lines will come in and out of. Here are some pics...

@BALLISTIC: it may be awhile, probly after i get back from Iowa in June. 1st of July. I still have to build the canopy and the lifting device.

post-395-0-33652400-1306111428_thumb.jpg

post-395-0-18228800-1306111442_thumb.jpg

@TEG- so once you start the silicone it depends alot on humidity as to how long you have before the silicone starts to skin over, and with the humidity here when i glued the overflow box on it took literally 2 minutes before it started to skin over, that being said my wife will take some pics but as far as tryn to get a piece by piece pictures IDK if its possible. Ill try, there are some YOUTUBE videos of guys putting tanks together in literally 7 minutes start to finish. One the back glass and one side glass is together its a one man operation, it holds itself together. Tryn to wipe the edges and get a good bead laid down will be my main objective. There is 10 minutes MAX before you should be pretty close to all put together. Then strap it top and bottom to hold it as tight as possible until dry (7-10 days) I will probly wait atleast the maximum before i water test it.

A little update, not much but i got all the inside primed tonight. Planning on doing the outside tomorow night, then the next night sand it and bring it inside. Im going to paint it once the tank is built ontop and trim board is on. That being said this weekend is a long weekend for me so im gonna attempt to build the tank then. Once thats done im gonna build the canopy and the "H" brackets on the back to have linear actuators lift the hood off of the tank. ALOT of things to do still. If anyone has an extra WAVEBOX controller there not using i may hit you up to borrow it while im cycling the new rock and sandbed, that will be a month or more away.

my thought was that id get 100 more pounds of cured LR from the same place i got my rock last time, put and inch or so of crushed coral in bottom and 100#s and start the tank, adjust levels-break in skimmer, and just figure out my flow pattern W/O any corals or fish in new tank. Once its where i want it move everythng CORALS,ROCK, and rest of EQUIPMENT. whatcha think?

i didnt have hardly and cycle with the rock i got last time, and critters NOTHING...guess i got lucky. Atleast with nothing in the tank but new rock and sandbed, if i see a rock thats an issue i can just take care of it. I think the big key may be to NOT get liverock locally. Majhonos and amtasia are crazy here local. I will put the new rock in a brute trash can with water and scrub and blow off any debree i can before i put it in the new tank. Lighting may be my only thing, since im gonna use my light i have presently on the new tank i wont be able to use it while the new tank is cycling. Maybe just room light and ambiant daylight will do for this. IDK im sure that i will go threw the headaches of a new tank and not want anyone over to see it for a few months. Time will tell. KEVIN- did i give you the itch to get your big tank going?

@MATT-yes im gonna tape every seam off, 1st clean all the glass, tape-off edges, re-clean glass, START... Here is a teaser, the wife and I dummy'd up the tank to see how the fit is. It was all good and WOW its beautiful!!!

post-395-0-45923300-1306378538_thumb.jpg

Jeremy- Two things

1st YOU DA MAN! Looks freaking awesome!

2nd Please shave your chest or wear a shirt next time. My two year old thought he saw big foot!

haha

But all kidding aside it looks awesome, I'm jealous!