Brooks' Seahorse Tank

Brooks

Without ANY further adieu....

Fran and Val (my mom love The Nanny)!

3430f5fd.jpg

d8a342eb.jpg

WAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! ;) My...ummm...your babies!!!

Thank GOD you did not name them Snooki and The Situation.....(Jersey Shore cousins of mine)....

HAHAHA! I love Snooki! Hate Mike.... eh!

WHERE did you get the gorgeous chalices??

From Dale! :D

Is that your seahorse tank? How deep is it? What lights are you using? I'm wanting to upgrade my light, just haven't had time to do all the research yet. It looks great, btw!

Yes ma'am, it is! It is a 30x12x22 (LWH) tank. I am using PAR38 bulbs. They are LEDs! I think they are just awesome!

It's a beaute!!!

What kind of lighting?

What kind of powerhead?

I can't wait to come and see it....

They are PAR38 LED's! I LOVE THEM! They are SO bright. The powerhead is a Tunze 6015. Very light flow, but strong enough to get it's job done.

This weekend would be good with me! :shiftyninja:

Cool! Do you feel like the light penetrates well enough to the bottom? Could you put corals with med light requirements on the sand? How are your horses reacting to the light? Do they try to stay in the shade? Hope you don't mind all the lighting questions, I just think your tank looks great!

Cool! Do you feel like the light penetrates well enough to the bottom? Could you put corals with med light requirements on the sand? How are your horses reacting to the light? Do they try to stay in the shade? Hope you don't mind all the lighting questions, I just think your tank looks great!

It definitely penetrates deep enough -- they're spotlights. I think just about any coral could be placed anywhere in the tank with these lights. The horses are reacting fine to it. They've been roaming around the whole tank! They definitely don't mind the light.

No problem! Ask as many as you want/like/need!

I am very surprised and excited that I've made it this far. I found one dead this morning, but all of the others are thriving. I introduced finely minced mysis this morning, and very few are taking to it. However, that is expected. It is still nice that they are eating cyclopees, though.

My next brood is coming any day now. I am expecting it in tomorrow morning sometime. My biggest male has a pouch that is about the width of a quarter (looking at the face of a quarter, not the side) at the moment. The new fry will be in a 10g tank with a sponge filter so they don't get blown away. I was very skeptical about putting the NEW fry in with the 3-4 (almost 4-5) week olds. With the success I'm having with them, I couldn't risk it.

I will post pictures in the morning if they arrive... hopefully I have time to tend to their needs before I have to leave at 6:00 AM for an all day tennis tournament!