Let's send Our Prayers to Jeremy aka offroadodge

Laura

I am friends with Jeremy's wife, Whitney, on Facebook. J has broken his hip. She posted..." Jeremy landed under his four wheeler last night. He has some breaks in his pelvic area. "

I am devastated for him and the family. He is an awesome friend and contributing ARC'er...

Maybe we can help out with dinners and tank upkeep? I know we will all get together on this...:huh:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Status update from Whit...."Oh and if they go ahead with they surgery they will probably transfer him to brackenridge....But they did say that most hip breaks are inoperable. As long as the muscles hold the bones in place then they do not operate. And he does also have a broken vertebrae bu same deal with his hips...the bones will hold it in place til it grows back together"

Laura,

Thanks for keeping us posted.....sad that something like this happened. The Holderness family is in our thoughts...wishing a speedy recovery. Please let them know, if they (Whitney) can think of anything that we might be of assistance to let us know.....we're just down the road.

-Robert & Cindy Manning-

thoughts and prayers are with both Jeremy and Whit at this time..... If they need anything we will do what we can to help... if they need food I make good lasagna lol... ask Mark!!!! :huh: get well soon Jeremy!!!

Hey Everyone,

This Is J's wife Whitney. Thank you all for your prayers and supports. They have decided they will do surgery to put in some screws on Monday. It is a blessing and a curse at the same time. The blessing being that there will be some relief from the pain after the surgery, the curse being that he has to go under the knife. He will be non weight bearing for 10-12 weeks on his right leg.

The Ortho Surgeon was able to convince the trauma doctors to leave him in the IMC Unit instead of moving him to a less intensive care unit. He is stable but the pain caused by moving him is excruciating right now so we are both thankful that he can stay where he is.

His main complaints are that he can't get comfortable, is bored silly and hungry. They won't let him eat until the urologist clears him. They are worried he may have a tear in his bladder. Unfortanutley Seton RR does not staff a urologist full time but "shares" one with other hospitals so it may be a while before that happens. He hasn't eaten since lunch yesterday and combined with the pain that makes him a little irritable.

He is sleeping off and on but if anyone is in the area and want to visit this weekend we are in room 231 at Seton RR ( 1431 and 1460 by Texas State Round Rock). Thanks again for the support and prayers.

Ha! Chris that's funny.

The urologist cleared him for the time being. He was able to eat a whopper and some fries with a chocolate milkshake and was given another valium to help wiht pain/ tension. He is resting currently and is way less irritable.

The nurse is looking into getting him a trapeze so that he may be able to shift himself without using his lower body ( because that is currently impossible). They will be getting surgery schedule to us on Sunday and he will likely be in the hospital another 5-7 days after the surgery.

His parents, twin brother, nephew and son are here so that seems to help keep his mind off the pain when he is awake. His mood is much improved after food and family.

Now taking suggestions for good ways to pass time in a hospital bed.....

Thanks again for your prayers. Things are much less stressful then they were last night. Your prayers are working! Thank You Again!

Whitney

Now taking suggestions for good ways to pass time in a hospital bed.....

I'll bring him a pico tank and he can instruct you on how to set it up. It'll teach him patience he needs for rehab! And since its a pico, and since the water can change rapidly, he can test the water every hour to pass the time!

Too bad he, and yall, arent here(Seton main) I could stop by.

Tell him to request the pain meds.

And, if you have one, take a laptop to him and he can post from the bed!

Oh yeah, almost forgot.

Sorry to hear about the bad luck, hang in there and get better soon!

So sorry to hear the bad news. Hang in there through the surgery and recovery. Jeremy has helped me out quite a bit in this 'hobby' recently and I'm right around the corner from you guys. I work at home most of the time, so If you need any help at the house, with the tank, etc. just let me know.

Chris

So sorry man! I'm glad it isn't your head they are going to operate on! I ride too and there is something really interesting about crashing a bike. You're just cruising along having a great time and within 1/2 a second things can go completely wrong, its a rude awakening sometimes. I'm sorry you are having to go through this but I know that you're tough, its just going to suck for little while. Your going to need help with your tank for a couple of months it sounds like, you know that you can count on people here to help with that. And if Berlis needs me to fill in for you just let me know, its been awhile but I think that I just need to wipe the dust off of my tools.

:wacko:

Did you damage your bike....just kidding. What were you riding? Where were you at?

I have a Wii I can bring you tomorrow....got mario brothers. Will that help out?

Thanks Hydro, I'm not sure how to hook up a wii but you could bring it if you wanted to try. Does it require any movement of his belly/lower back, if not it may be a great idea. He was riding his 4 wheeler Friday and flipped it sliding around a corner. Those who saw it said that the atv landed on his helmet first and then his hips. Jeremy doesn't remember it landing on his head. Thank God for the helmet. A friend said that the 4 wheeler didn't have a scratch on it. He was at Hidden Falls Adventure Park in Marble Falls.

Whit

Hey J and Whit...

How's it going today? I have a Nintendo DS Lite...the only games I have are Sudoku and Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader...I stink at both...:D It is hand held and I use it when I fly. I can bring it by??

Hugs,

Laura:wave:

ok, until now its been my wife typing.last night was a very long night, I have had so much morphine and valume that i have lost track. I can handle pain fairly well but this takes the cake. so hopefully everything goes well tomorow in surgery. I'll update as it goes.thanku all for the prayers.

ok well the countdown begins, i have 1 hour and 25 min until i have to fast for the surgery. i guess the easy way to put it is the right side of my hip in the sacrum area is broken in half and on the left side towards the front it (the Hip) is cracked. Doc said that the surgery could take 1 hr up to 6hr depending on how bad it realy is when he gets in there. the pain if bad enuff that they gave me 50cc of morphine back to back within 10 minute and 2 valume pills and that didnt even put a dent in the pain. Its cause its a bone pain. Its 10:38 now and i get one more round of meds B4 fasting, they are gonna give me PERCASET. Hopefully that tides mr over till i get shippd out at 6am to begin surgery. Ill send updates after the surgery. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE an the PRAYERS!!!

Sorry to hear!!! I am not far from your house either if you need some help with the tank. Hoping all goes well with the surgery! I had percoset after my knee surgery. Killed the pain but completely screwed with my sleep. I decided the pain was better after a few days. Hope it works better for you. Keep us posted!

So sorry to hear about the accident and your pain. Here's hoping that the surgery went well and put things right. Let us know anything we can do to help, don't be afraid to ask!

Thank you everyone for your prayers and support! God is an awesome God! Jeremy was in and out of surgery in less then an hour! Dr. siad he did great no problems at all. Depending on his pain level he could be up on crutches tonight. They think he will be discharged before Friday and if all continues to go well there may not be a need for inpatient rehab so he could go straight home! He ended up with 2 screws and 2 wires. Now the challenge will be keeping him on crutches for 10-12 weeks....if he gets off too early and jacks with the fix it could mean months of traction!

Whitney