Let's send Our Prayers to Jeremy aka offroadodge

Laura

I hate being away for the weekend and coming back to this! Jeremy and Whitney this is D.R. I'm so sorry ya'll are having to go through this. If you need anything just yell. Would you post meal preferences and if ya'll have any food allergies post those as well. The periosteum is the membrane that surrounds the bone and the most pain sensitive thing in the body so you got that going for you. J.K. I will keep you and yours in my prayers.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been keeping up with y'all on Fae book and Jeremey sending me reports to my phone. Glad your doing better and the prognosis is good.

Jeremey-STAY ON THOSE CRUTCHES! I know you and you'll thow them out as soon as you can. :):D

ya I'm glad the bike was ok :unsure:

Sorry didn't make it out yesterday, to many things going on. If you are able to hook up the wii to your TV let me know and I will have one of my employees drop it off for you. He lives near the hospital so no big deal.

Thanks Everyone! They ORDERED Jeremy to get up just a few hours after surgery :) He was more then ready after being flat on his back since Friday! He was pretty dizzy for a while after sitting up but was able to stand with the help of a walker. They want him to start using the crutches tomorrow morning and even said that if he can get up and move around on crutches he may go home tomorrow. We don't have any allergies, Thanks for asking! J said he like chicken breast, spaghetti, lasagna, stews...He's not too picky as long as it's not vegan or healthy :unsure:

I can't thank you all enough for all of your support! PRAYER WORKS!!!!!

God Bless,

Whitney

well the lastest update is.... the surgery went well. The only thing the Doctor was worrie about was my L5 vertabrae (it was chipped). Concern was the pressure may have the possibility to paralized my left leg. But I had the best doc n town to do the surgery and he said all is well now. LOTS of pain but should be ok in 10-12wks. Shld be here in hospital till friday. Ill continue to update. Just need to Dose the tank and check the ATO.

You got it. I will gladly go out and dose your tank and top off your ATO. Just let me know what to do exactly and when someone will be ther for me to come by. Do you need me to bring DI water with me? Would it be helpful if I went ahead and make you up 20 gallons of DI water to leave there for others to top off too? You guys have my #, just let me know.

Having Hospital coffee with my husband this morning :) Physical Therapy should be in today to start trying to get J up on crutches but other then that we're just hanging out. I have to run some errands and talk to insurance people so if you want to come visit I'm sure he would more than appreciate the company. Thank you all again for the prayers, we have been so blessed through all this. They have moved us up to room 408 which they referred to as "med-surg" Basically the general population of the hospital. It is a way less intensive unit and they only come in every 4 hours at night to check vitals instead of every 45 minutes :) We also now have our own bathroom with a door instead of windows that everyone in the hospital can see through and a shower (finally!). He's attempting to wean himself off of the pain meds which may slow down his movement a little bit but if he can learn to manage the pain without the drugs then it will ultimatly help him get back to life at home. This was his choice, not the doctors so if he starts needing them again he is able to get them. Currently he is off the morphine and valium and his last Percoset was at 10 last night. So far he is doing pretty well. Hopefully the pain doesn't get unbearable when he starts moving around.

You all are too kind for offering food! We do have a freezer in the garage that we could store food in so if you want to do that just call us and we can give you the garage code.

Thanks again for all the prayers and support and vistis! They have been wonderful!

I can't answer the tank questions but I'm sure that J will be on here later today. Whit

Man, Jeremy, just saw this. I need to get on more often. Cheri's and my prayers are with you. God has purposes for us that we sometimes don't agree with. Just know that all will be good with His help. I wish for you a speedy recovery. I wished I was closer to give help. Maybe I can stop and visit my next trip to Austin. Let me know if there is anything I can do...

i still need to make that frag 4 u, it may be a lttl bit b4 i can get back into the tank to cut it.

Jeremy, you worry about getting better, the frag can wait. That is the least thing on my mind. I wish for you a speedy recovery. I t sounds as though, your prognosis is better than first expected. You just need to do what the Dr tells you, I know how it is being restricted in activities and you want to push things....take it easy. Good things come to those who wait...I will try and visit the next time I come to Austin ,which should be next week. You need anything you call...