Jeeps Gone Reef On 300g Build

JasReef

I got an email today saying the tank is done and on its way to Austin! It sounds like it will be delivered next week to my house. They will bring it in and level it then I will plumb it and get it ready. I will leave the back breaking work to the professionals.thumbsup.gif

I started unplugging some equipment tonight but I still have a long day ahead of me tomorrow. I hate to have to disrupt my corals but this will be so much better when it is all done.

I have been thinking a lot about the wall I built for this tank and how I will have to modify it for the new tank. I was thinking about changing the drywall to tongue and groove pinewood but I just can never get stain to look as good as I want it. I will just have to touch up the paint I think and call it good.

• Like 2

Is that mille by the Oregon tort an AquaSD Rainbow Mille from the SoaSA swap?

Yea the one directly behind the tort. I got it from the guy from corpus. I can't wait to see it get bigger.
Got one from Minh (Orion) as well. It's showing some great promise. It may actually earn a spot on the aquascape.
  • Like 1

What a long day. I am exhausted and my house stinks like the beach, not the good beach.

Some progress pics.

Before

da4552eb83f876cc442650b2b42a0673.jpg

Slowly moving.

1b7a03f3f05e5bab0ebbe976fe6d37ad.jpg

But where is it going?

f66dd2458e8e9dbd450ae57635d0833f.jpg

Who knew how much equipment it takes?

893c3b99bf1755799c49fe72fe04a1e6.jpg

All out, kind of.

bdfa4a2907e98136aaf42b7d1197ff78.jpg

f585b83da29dfe00579c66f4abeff965.jpg

Clean up a little and move back in.

67ff95a30870fb2ef334362e1a9288f0.jpg

That is a very full frag tank. Fish are hiding under rock playground in 100g tub.

The smell of a large tank caked with Caroline as its drying is something special..,

It only took 8 hours. my dogs are barken. I m ready for some sleep.

Codyja, if you see this and want to come before noon just let me know. My wife is going to murder me for the smell,haha.

• Like 3

Is that mille by the Oregon tort an AquaSD Rainbow Mille from the SoaSA swap?

Yea the one directly behind the tort. I got it from the guy from corpus. I can't wait to see it get bigger.
Got one from Minh (Orion) as well. It's showing some great promise. It may actually earn a spot on the aquascape.

I think this was the nicest acro at the swap, big frags at decent a price. I think it will for sure earn a spot on the aquascape. I would like to see his colony.

• Like 1

Thank you Cody for taking the 160. I think you have a good plan for it.
ce9008b2f508730cf6120b527ec75ae4.jpg

Don't mind the cords, I did that last night right before bed so I need to fix that. No rats nest on this build.

I can see my corals now!
390fd71bc1f55eb53e9f2a0737da7d4f.jpg

c4ab14db264b4bc8dac48fb930e52f05.jpg

Paletti Yellow Tip on right RR The Vihn on left
d2d4284a13cc2aba9e15bf81eadb7d5b.jpg

2c232fc5c80d67a0beaeef3b79a75ca3.jpg

Red Dragon with almost blue tips, hard to see in pic.
cec310cbdcd3820895be6b47372e99c5.jpg

77c197fdb9e6fd615972b2fcce6f2d7c.jpg

2 Marine Pure blocks for frag rack and hanging some carbon because they were very mad last night.
ce670fa4be379ac425b7b2bd1c6c4399.jpg

• Like 2

Just need to finish corners and touch up paint.

Here is the must have tape layout for any build thread.

16031a43fbf5bf3612783b1ffb090bd6.jpg

f663a69b24150a866bdb39edd26e34fb.jpg

Looks like I will meet the dead line. I am still waiting on sump, I need to check in with Terry.

If anyone sees anything that may improve this let me know, it's now or never after this week.

• Like 1

That is what it looked like. Based on the fact it was sitting on the wood.

I was just checking... smile.png

Yep, I can take the whole wall down pretty easily and the room goes back to normal. Thanks for looking out though. I wonder how many people watch those home improvement shows on TV and take down load bearing walls without checking?

• Like 1

The baby is sleeping so I have to be quiet so I was checking out my corals and noticed something funny.

This whole naming the corals is very subjective and this teaches me not to drop money on corals until I see them or in the case of online, making sure their pics are the correct color.

The two in this picture are a Northern lights Nasuata and a Tyree Ultimate stag.

8ba3936fc750b954b28fe5c7a3f8c6d9.jpg

This is a mariculture I got at Aquadome.

6132548bc0e4620d4ca32a5b92c24320.jpg

They all look pretty similar to me. Now I am not saying I was intentionally defrauded, I trust all the sellers and they could be different corals. I guess I am saying don't buy something just because of its name.[emoji106] FWIW i like them all.

Now here is a nice set. Can anyone guess the names?

f114620fe930b6543d837217c4a58e02.jpg

The baby is sleeping so I have to be quiet so I was checking out my corals and noticed something funny.

This whole naming the corals is very subjective and this teaches me not to drop money on corals until I see them or in the case of online, making sure their pics are the correct color.

The two in this picture are a Northern lights Nasuata and a Tyree Ultimate stag.

8ba3936fc750b954b28fe5c7a3f8c6d9.jpg

This is a mariculture I got at Aquadome.

6132548bc0e4620d4ca32a5b92c24320.jpg

They all look pretty similar to me. Now I am not saying I was intentionally defrauded, I trust all the sellers and they could be different corals. I guess I am saying don't buy something just because of its name.[emoji106] FWIW i like them all.

Now here is a nice set. Can anyone guess the names?

f114620fe930b6543d837217c4a58e02.jpg

Am I allowed to play the SPS guessing game? [emoji6]
  • Like 1

That is what it looked like. Based on the fact it was sitting on the wood.

I was just checking... :)

Yep, I can take the whole wall down pretty easily and the room goes back to normal. Thanks for looking out though. I wonder how many people watch those home improvement shows on TV and take down load bearing walls without checking?

A staggering amount.......

• Like 1

The two in this picture are a Northern lights Nasuata and a Tyree Ultimate stag.8ba3936fc750b954b28fe5c7a3f8c6d9.jpg

This is a mariculture I got at Aquadome.6132548bc0e4620d4ca32a5b92c24320.jpg

Now here is a nice set. Can anyone guess the names?f114620fe930b6543d837217c4a58e02.jpg

When a coral comes in sometimes different wholesalers will get the same item and name it differently, sometimes the corals are a bit different but so similar you can only tell the difference next to each other.

Examples

Hawkins vs JF coolers turaki. So similar

Greg hillers aqua delight vs Ora pearlberry. So similar

The whole Cali tort vs Oregon tort thing

Golden basket burning candle vs JF fox flame, exact same

Ora red planet vs Christmas mirabilias vs ultra coral dippin dots all so similar.

SC orange passion vs rr orange passion vs golden basket talisman, slight differences

There are many others.

• Like 1

The two in this picture are a Northern lights Nasuata and a Tyree Ultimate stag.8ba3936fc750b954b28fe5c7a3f8c6d9.jpg

This is a mariculture I got at Aquadome.6132548bc0e4620d4ca32a5b92c24320.jpg

Now here is a nice set. Can anyone guess the names?f114620fe930b6543d837217c4a58e02.jpg

When a coral comes in sometimes different wholesalers will get the same item and name it differently, sometimes the corals are a bit different but so similar you can only tell the difference next to each other.

Examples

Hawkins vs JF coolers turaki. So similar

Greg hillers aqua delight vs Ora pearlberry. So similar

The whole Cali tort vs Oregon tort thing

Golden basket burning candle vs JF fox flame, exact same

Ora red planet vs Christmas mirabilias vs ultra coral dippin dots all so similar.

SC orange passion vs rr orange passion vs golden basket talisman, slight differences

There are many others.

I think if you saw the three I have right next to each other there is no difference at all. I think that some of the more popular ones got aquacultured and then passed around before the whole naming thing became a gold mine for certain vendors. I also think some of the smaller vendors possibly get nice named corals and then rename them after they morph a little in their tanks to cash in on the trend. This is all just my two cents on it and I don't fault people for trying to make money, I really just find the whole thing very intriguing.

That's interesting on the Greg Hiller's aqua delight and the Pearlberry because they are both on my list, haha. I will have to take a closer look at them again but I guess this whole train of thought is to rethink why I have a list of named corals in the first place. doh.gif