Jeeps Gone Reef On 300g Build

JasReef

That's gonna look very nice when the skin is up!

Thank you. I don't know what exactly im going to do. I am not very good at the fine details part so I may have to bring in a pro. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you. I don't know what exactly im going to do. I am not very good at the fine details part so I may have to bring in a pro. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Well, it seems like you don't really need front access (or at least infrequently), so that might simplify the task?

Waitwaitwait, they shoved that in the vans? I didnt get to the store till they were already delivering your goodies methinks

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Yea, they brought three vans, haha. I talked to you today when I asked for Bryan, I didn't realize it until just now.

Well, it seems like you don't really need front access (or at least infrequently), so that might simplify the task?

Yea, I only have 5 inches at the top front. Enough for feeding and i can reach in there a little over half way.

I just want it to look really nice to match the tank. I have a couple ideas in mind and if I can do it I will.

Waitwaitwait, they shoved that in the vans? I didnt get to the store till they were already delivering your goodies methinks

Yea, they brought three vans, haha. I talked to you today when I asked for Bryan, I didn't realize it until just now.
Haha glad to know I could be a part of this build in the tiniest least important of ways

But yes. Most beautiful of tanks. Flawless execution.

• Like 1

Well there is one small issue but Bryan is taking care of it so no worries.

There was supposed to be 4 holes in the overflow box for the 4 returns and they forgot the 2 in front. I didn't notice it until the guys left but Bryan has someone coming out next week to fix it. I am still extremely happy with the tank.

My daughter asked me if we were going to the fish store today because we need a lot more fish for the huge new tank, haha.

Thanks! They try and pick crazy stuff like scorpion fish so I have to gently guide them, haha.

They think its a playhouse.

d8edf96213cb9fe684e68f690ae6c0ff.jpg

52db5fba47113d79834bb62724b29cb6.jpg

f7a773660aa5a3cc225ced37a87f6d2b.jpg

And anytime anyone goes to San Antonio just let me know and if I'm available you can stop and see it.

• Like 2

That's fine for now but you'll have to rehome them as they get bigger. [emoji12]

It's an 8 foot tank, how big do you think they are going to get.... you are full sized now right? You could quite easily fit in there! grin.png

• Like 1

That's fine for now but you'll have to rehome them as they get bigger. [emoji12]

It's an 8 foot tank, how big do you think they are going to get.... you are full sized now right? You could quite easily fit in there! grin.png
I'm still growing says my doctor. [emoji6]
  • Like 2

Just picked up the sump. Thanks Terry and crew from SaltyFish in San Antonio. They did a great job.

Specs are 60X25x18 about 118 gallons total. Adjustable inner baffle, 2 7inch filter sock holders, and adjustable float for ro in return.

4222b3341383ac7119c0703d6d38050a.jpg

Big sump for big tank.

72bed8c24a1f5457117c02a9cd7ee3f6.jpg

• Like 4

Alright, Bryan has a guy coming out today to drill the two overflow returns and all my bulkheads come in tomorrow so I may be plumbed in this weekend.

I want to take a little time with the aquascape. I uave some emarco 400 cement and some nice pieces to put together. I have been reading a lot on the rule of thirds and looking at a lot of large long scapes so we will see.

My corals are losing some color going from halides to just the ai primes but they will come back.

• Like 1

Something I did w/ my scape that you may want to consider:

Cut a piece of cardboard the size of the tank bottom. Tape off the outside couple of inches to make sure you have room for critters (my fighting conch gets stuck in a corner all the time because there isn't enough room between the scape and glass for him to move freely, and he's stupid). If you have room to put it up against a wall, tape off the top and sides of the tank on their.

Build your scape on the cardboard. Walk away and do something else for a couple of hours, come back and see if you still like it. Rinse/repeat. Look at it from every angle, pay attention to mounting areas - specifically mounting areas that may not have good plug holes available and you could drill/chisel now, before it's in the water. Take a couple of days to place and confirm before putting into the tank.

I did this and then transferred the pieces into the tank and rebuilt what I had on the cardboard one piece at a time, cementing what I wanted solid (I should have cemented less), and then adding sand and water after.

Good luck man - need to see pics updating on the regular! :D

• Like 2

I hate it when I bump the dry fit and it all falls down :(

This time I pushed everything in tight. It will be harder to take apart but my measurements will be spot on.

35c96f11c18f9f4befa46eecc50223f6.jpg

I took a break but its time for the drains now. [emoji106]

• Like 1