362ccc9537ad8a7109d4d2a577aeab03.jpg

b9a92913f04fec114818c325369f8238.jpg

d1b054d08143a4ac03872985762dba7f.jpg

4563e32c659a8f8683a333c39c7ade3d.jpg

Oceans Motion

1da866110593eb1ed78390bafc20891e.jpg

015b2f0bb16e583d3e6b6a8298812ba4.jpg

Now it's time for the drains.

And this is all just the dry fit so I get to take it apart and glue it, yay!

That's a beautiful plumbing job.  I can never get it to come out that precise!  So did you paint the PVC blue and if so did it present problems when it came time to glue it?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2017 at 8:46 AM, Wade said:

What did you use to cover it and how long do you have to leave it there? 

It is just some coral gum for attaching frags. Thanks for the compliments on the plumbing Wade. I bought the blue PVC from BRS. As far as getting it to look clean test fit every pipe and make sure they are tight, so I basically put it together twice.

On 7/24/2017 at 1:57 PM, olaggie01 said:

You can buy blue PVC

Didn't want to put a union before the bulkhead?  Or a shut off to drain / maintain the OM?

There is a Hayward true union ball valve right below the OM. It has an orange handle. 

Edited by JasReef

• 1 month later...

It has been a while so here are some updated pictures of the tank.

The left side of tank.

20170926_113117.jpg

Middle

20170926_113106.jpg

Right Side

20170926_113055.jpg

In the last picture you can see that the urchin is taking the clam for a spin around the tank. The clam is now all the way on the left side of tank but it seems happy so who am I to judge their friendship?

20170926_113044.jpg

20170926_113023.jpg

Clam stopped to take a selfie with the rainbow ricordias. I imagine if it had hands it would be throwing up the peace sign with one.

20170904_164102.jpg

Happy Duncan

20170904_164134.jpg

Trying a gonipora. Blue light.

20170823_223610.jpg

Flashlight

20170823_004212_001.jpg

I still use Zeovit rocks, Start, Food, Sponge. The only thing i dose outside of that is an iron/manganese supplement and potassium as needed. 

Those combined with the giant skimmer and calcium reactor are keeping my levels great. 

Average numbers are:

ALK = 155/ 8.7dKH

- Ca = 420

- Mg = 1280

- NO3 = 10

- PO4 = .02

- K = 390

The fish are thriving. I feed a mix of hikari pellets, the S and A sizes, 4 cubes frozen food and a large sheet of nori everyday. They love that red algea you can see growing on the bottom and some rocks on the right hand side especially. 

Most of the coral have great color for me but some of the acropora are much more stubborn about growing and/or coloring up. I feel like I am missing a secret ingredient or something, probably patience. 

I hope you all enjoy and as always like and subscribe.... oh wait, i watch too much youtube. 

• Like 3

Some pics from tonight. 

All montis except one oddball in this pic. Also not permanent placement of the monti cap.

20171002_202852.jpg

Love the colors on this Male Blond Naso tang. He is my first tang, bought him almost 3 years ago. I am worried about him clipping corals, fast swimmer and large.

20171002_202901.jpg

Jedi Mind Trick ( the trick is this is a green coral with red polyps and a blue/purple edge but we still love them)

20171002_202922.jpg

I don't think this is a branching setosa montipora. It is some kind of encrusting variety. Super slow grower compared to the setosa.

20171002_202928.jpg

Current location of clam. 

20171002_203138.jpg

Branching Monti setosa under and competing with a spongoid monit. 

20171002_203247.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The A/C will be out until we replace the entire system on Wednesday. The tank topped out at 84F. and usually runs between 78-80F. I think it will be good and maybe the increase in heat will cause some fish to spawn. I always keep some water bottles frozen just in case so I was putting those in the sump. The PH topped out at 8.5 and usually runs 8.05-8.3. 

It was a good thing it happened now instead of the middle of summer.

On a side note how much would you expect to pay for a good central air conditioning unit for a 3200 sqft. house?

If they are running new ducting too, then $8-$11k might be my guess. I would suggest new ducting if they aren't, that new stuff is super insulated which is perfect for the hot southern climates that run their ductings in their attics.

My house is 10 years old. They say the ducting is good, I hope they are right. I am going with a 16.5seer rating on the new model and the old one is 13. I hope to see a decrease in the electric bill but not counting on it.

• Like 1

Man, I had my AC go out on me in August of last year, that was a real pain! Sorry to hear you're going through the same issue. The one bright side is it's October and the weather isn't in the triple digits.

I have no clue on a 3200 sq ft house, my home is less than half that size and we paid a little over $3k for a new condensing unit and evaporator coil. It would be easy to say twice the sq ft, twice the price! But honestly who knows. I imagine the price difference will be in the condensing unit since yours will need to be rated much larger than mine. The evaporator coil (if yours even needs to be replaced, hopefully not, my house is 33 years old so I needed to upgrade to the newest coolant standards) would be roughly the same price IMO.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
I love it man... Except I'll have nightmares for weeks after listening to that background music! [emoji12]
I warned you not to in the description. All the default stuff is not very good.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looks great! What do your nutrient levels look like to keep the sea fans? Love the tangs!
Thsnks! About a 25 on no3 and .07 for po4. Po4 will drop if I don't feed frozen everyday.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I have been on here. I have had lots of ups and downs with the reef but I am in it for the long haul. The tank pretty much runs itself with automation and I only have to get involved with things every month or so. Almost all of the acropora I had died when my co2 tank ran out and the alk swung down for just 2 days, really a bummer because i can't afford to replace them all right now but I am just trucking along with what lived. No fish deaths for 2018 so pretty happy about that. 

If you have any questions ask away if not I hope you enjoy my non professional video. Thanks and happy reefing to all!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Juiceman said:

If you have an apex, you can set a notification for it to tell you if the ph in the CARX rises ost a certain amount. Then you’ll know if your CO2 ran out. I’ve learned that the hard way twice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I found it the day it ran out and it was on a Saturday after business hours so I couldn't get it refilled until Monday. I couldn't believe that such a small swing was able to start a cascade of STN in most of my acro's and also a couple of montis. Bummer but iI guess it's part of this reefing game we play. 

Your tank looks good by the way.