Jeeps Gone Reef On 300g Build

JasReef

How long did it take for the tank to be delivered from the initial order? I'm looking to upgrade to a 300 as well but wondering what the time frame was!

The tank took about a month and a half to get to my house. They were very quick. I know they were going to macna right after I ordered and they anticipated a little more lead time after from sales.

This 300 build has been a part time job. Well worth it.[emoji1]

How long did it take for the tank to be delivered from the initial order? I'm looking to upgrade to a 300 as well but wondering what the time frame was!

The tank took about a month and a half to get to my house. They were very quick. I know they were going to macna right after I ordered and they anticipated a little more lead time after from sales.

This 300 build has been a part time job. Well worth it.[emoji1]

That's not bad at all! Kind of ran into the same situation as you. Bought a 92 gallon corner tank, re-sealed it, and 6 months later found a small leak in the front seam where it meets the base today ?. Taking care of two tanks is getting a little old so I'm thinking about upgrading to the 300 so I can combine everything from the 180 and 92 into one.....I just was afraid the time frame was going to be to long to wait for a 300 so I was already thinking about plan b lol

• Like 1

Full tank shot. You can really see my mix of lights. T5 on the left and 3 AI Primes on the center/right side. These are just the night time settings. That ATI Powermodule is a beast when all 8 bulbs are on, and the halides are, well, halides. punk.gif
1d80641ab46cc5b1de935f37023f52b4.jpg

Edited by JasReef

I guess that means you've got some good bio stuff going on at least

I started this tank with the advice of G. Alexander on the Zeovit forum. Lot's of ZeoBak in there.grin.png I also had 2 of the large marine pure blocks and plenty of good live rock to transfer over so yea a lot of good bio stuff.

I started using zeo around the beginning of the summer and really like the method. I was able to control no3 and po4 pretty easily in the 160. The system really takes no more time than the usual daily checks that any reefer should be doing anyway. I have an Avast Vibe so I don't even need to shake the rocks, even if I did have to it would be no big deal.

I did not realize you were going zeovit. Looking forward to seeing how that works out for you over the next several months

I use some of their supplements but have never done the whole system, even so I think my little tank is addicted to the KZ stuff I use, because I tried to wean it off over the last 6 months and lost a bunch of coral. As soon as I restarted the dosing things perked up quite a bit (Pohl's, Amino LPS, Coral Vitalizer)

Question: I skimmed back over your thread but did not see this: are you also running a calcium reactor?

• Like 1

I have been running a geosreef 618 for a while now. It is the single best purchase I bought for alkalinity stability.

The 618 is a little small for this setup but not until it is fully stocked with large colonies. It will be a couple of years.

• Like 2

I got the last of the big equipment I needed today.

94f3aabb5b6991ec331dd3ca8022bfef.jpg

It kind of throws off the color scheme.

88828e581cddb939eafc38cf45c137ad.jpg

But I do have adjustable leds lighting the sump area, ha.

4d91e8bc24e5336bfd666ac53f85a7f6.jpg

I love mine! Quiet and works like a champ.

They're custom making me a auto cleaning lid that has the port for the float switch. Still waiting for it though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I got the last of the big equipment I needed today.

94f3aabb5b6991ec331dd3ca8022bfef.jpg

It kind of throws off the color scheme.

88828e581cddb939eafc38cf45c137ad.jpg

But I do have adjustable leds lighting the sump area, ha.

4d91e8bc24e5336bfd666ac53f85a7f6.jpg

Hooooooly mother of equipment, that's big.

Bonus points for the matching lighting though. [emoji75][emoji122]

Edited by Peter Gott
  • Like 1

They're custom making me a auto cleaning lid that has the port for the float switch. Still waiting for it though...

This thing is amazing quiet! I am probably not going to use the float but who knows.

This thing is amazing quiet! I am probably not going to use the float but who knows.

I like the failsafe.

I could not believe how big this thing is! I have an SRO Ext2000 and I thought that was so big when I first got it but now it looks puny in comparison. If I have any problems I don't think I can say it's because I am under skimming. dribble.gif

I could not believe how big this thing is! I have an SRO Ext2000 and I thought that was so big when I first got it but now it looks puny in comparison. If I have any problems I don't think I can say it's because I am under skimming. dribble.gif
Where's the kid scale so I can have a size reference? [emoji12]
  • Like 1

So a little bad news, the blue bottle brush I got from Ty just decided to die.

I have lost some color but this is the first to bight the dust in this move. The chips ora is not looking good either but everything else looks normal with good growth. Full battery of tests tomorrow but alk has stayed consistent. Stay tuned.