Who would be interested in placing a bulk order with BulkReefSupply

Richie

The bulk order works a bit different then most group orders.

Send an email to [email protected] that includes the following:

1. First and last name (please do not include forum nicknames/handles).

2. Email address associated with each participants BulkReefSupply.com's email address.

3. The name of the group buy and it's start date. For example, "nameofclub May 18th 2009".

Here is what will happen after I receive atleast 10 e-mails from interested ARC members

1. They will update each participants account sometime on the Tuesday morning you chose and email everyone that the buy has started.

2. Start buying only after this email is received.

3. During the week that the buy is open members will individually login and place their own order which will ship immediately.

4. The next Monday each participant's account will be changed to Preferred Customer. BRS Preferred Customer pricing is between regular retail and group buy prices. This permanent upgrade is our way of saying thanks for getting your reef supplies with us!

Thanks

Richie

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering if they offered a discount and found this on their site regarding group buys:

Group and Club Buys

***NEW*** Group Buy is now available any time and as many times as your club would like to utilize it.

This promotion is designed to maximize the discounts and remove all of the organizational hassle that normally goes along with a group buy. All you need is 10 people who want to buy at least one item from us at drastically discounted prices.

Here is how it works: For one week we upgrade every member of your club who signs up and creates an account with special "Club Wholesale" status. This gives them individual access to the maximum quantity discounts without quantity requirements on all of our bulk material as well as considerable discounts on much of our product line. Each member of the club handles their own order individually. There is no need to organize the order, schedule a pickup/distribution day, or collect payments. If that isn't enough we offer one more exciting perk: All club members who participate in the group buy will have their accounts upgraded to "Preferred Reefer" status giving them a smaller but permanent discount. The only requirement to be eligible for this Introductory Reef Club offer is that a minimum of 15 club members sign up. If you are interested in setting up a group buy with us please contact Andrew to get you started [email protected]

***Please note that with some items we are obligated to honor manufactures pricing guidelines. All of these products are already set at the minimum price allowed by the manufacture and we cannot lower them any further.***

I'm not sure what the disocunt equates to, but I'm interested in getting a Jar of Reef Chili Coral Food. I heard it is like reef roids.

Just as an example

the base is $12.99

bulk is $9.99

That is about 25% off (on this product) not to shabby of a percentage.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i would be interested in picking up some things.

eckreef, i am also interested in an ro/di, and their 5stage is normally 159.99, and 149.99 if 2-4 are purchased. not sure how a group buy would affect their normal pricing scheme.

Edited by Mitch

matt, how did you like the BRS ATO setup? if you can share your thoughts on it that would be great as OgreMkV and I are both looking to get an ATO setup, and, at least for me, was leaning towards the autotopoff version cause it seems the BRS one is much more a diy kit.

I liked it, it was easy to install think it took me 10 to 15 mins. and i didnt have a problem with it.. i cant really compair it to others as that was the first one i had ever bought. it was recoed to me by manhorsedog.and with the discount i mean it will be cheaper.. so why not get one wile i can get it discounted..

it looks like we have the requisite 10:

1 Richie

2 austinaquaman

3 rosslonghorns

4 LiLS

5 Eckreef

6 Mitch

7 manhorsedog

8 Mhart032

9 Zarathustra2

10 Hamp

is everyone listed above still in? how do we proceed?

Since we haven't heard from Richie, I'll volunteer to be the designated coordinator =)

Let's start with re-accumulating those who are committed to doing this group order:

1) rosslonghorns

2) Gonzobob

3) Mitch

Next person, please capture previous list and add your name. I believe BRS are only expecting 10 names, and not a particular $ amount.

All, so only 10 people required... instructions from Andrew @ BRS below... so we only need 3 more people to commit! let's aim to start the group buy purchase window next TUE Aug 11, and end MON Aug 17.

manhorsedog & chrisfowler99, is this timeframe acceptable to you?

Eckreef & Zarathustra2, which RO/DI setup are you getting? and why?

--- from Andrew ---

Thanks for your interest in setting up a group buy with BulkReefSupply.com. The requirement on participants is 10 only. We have a unique way of doing group buy's at BulkReefSupply that remove all of the hassle normally associated with a group buy. In a nutshell we remove all purchase quantity requirements and give each participant individual access to our lowest quantity price. Because everyone gets the lowest price no matter how much they order it removes the need to organize one big bulk order, collect all the payment, distribute the order and try to calculate each person's share of the shipping cost.

BulkReefSupply.com group buys are super easy to set up. Simply:

1. Gather a minimum of 10 participants

2. Instruct everyone to create an account on BulkReefSupply.com if they don't have one already

3. Pick a Tuesday the group buy will start. Group buys run Tuesdays through the following Monday.

4. Send an email to [email protected] that includes the following:

1. First and last name (please do not include forum nicknames/handles).

2. Email address associated with each participants BulkReefSupply.com's email address.

3. The name of the group buy and it's start date. For example, "nameofclub May 18th 2009".

Then what? Here is what will happen after your list is emailed:

1. We will update each participants account sometime on the Tuesday morning you chose and email everyone that the buy has started.

2. Start buying only after this email is received.

3. During the week that the buy is open members will individually login and place their own order which will ship immediately.

4. The next Monday each participant's account will be changed to Preferred Customer. BRS Preferred Customer pricing is between regular retail and group buy prices. This permanent upgrade is our way of saying thanks for getting your reef supplies with us!

If you have more question check out our group buy details page: http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/i8/Group-and-Club-Buys/information.html or send me an email.