Who would be interested in placing a bulk order with BulkReefSupply

Richie

since each individual gets their order shipped directly to them, that is a no. BRS did suggest if there are individuals near each other that we could combine that way and reduce on shipping costs - it just has to be noted accordingly in the respective order(s).

so i'm happy to share shipping... if anyone wants to do this, please add your general location by your name below and we'll see what potential arrangements come about:

1) rosslonghorns

2) Gonzobob

3) Mitch - NW Austin (Oak Knoll & 183)

4) Manhorsedog

5) chrisfowler99

6) Eckreef

7) Zarathustra 2

8) Bmwaaron

9) LiLS

10) Mhart032

11) princer7

12) Iplantz

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reminder to BRS's approach to group buy:

"Because everyone gets the lowest price no matter how much they order it removes the need to organize one big bulk order, collect all the payment, distribute the order and try to calculate each person's share of the shipping cost."

reef_pug is not currently signed up. yes, please send me the following

1. First and last name (please do not include forum nicknames/handles).

2. Email address associated with each participants BulkReefSupply.com's email address.

if you want to save on shipping (you can piggyback with me, i'm down south at least once a week), let me know.

OR did you really mean for reef_pug to receive it? either way...

Edited by Mitch

I dont mind shairing shipping with anyone in N Austin.. i work from home right now so i can accept the order.. or meet anyone in the area. round rock N Austin Georgetown area. N Austin meaning from like breaker and up 35 would be better..

MHarc, I am totally into that. Do I still order under my account but add it too your adress, do I order under your account?

Nevermind. I Read the Fn Post. do we piggyback this on MHarc or did you want to do it for northies Mitch? I could do it to my house and someone will be home on Thursdays or Fridays.

Edited by Zarathustra2

Im good with that.. if we can save a couple bucks on shipping then ill do it.. i dont mind coming to get it.. i wanna see the new baby too.. if you still want help with the build let me know, i was serious when i offered..lils i can drop your pump to you too if it works out..

Ignore what i wrote earlier about combining orders... here is what BRS just wrote me:

"I will address your question in the "Group Buy has Started" email sent to everyone here shortly.But, in short, members who are combining orders in such a way as you described will have to do it on their end. In the example you described below you, Mitch, would place an order and include Michaels Aqualifter in that order. Mitch would then collect payment from Michael for said Aqualifter.

Accounts should be ready to go in about 45 minutes or less. "

vwmike - let me know if you still want to piggyback on my order.

Mhart032, Zarathustra2, and LiLS - you guys work things out, or any of you are welcome to piggyback on my order as well.

I just received the following from BRS, so group buy is now officially open! Read the note about combining orders. I've got vwmike piggybacking on my order, so if anyone else is interested, please pm w/ your order info before 8pm tonight.

Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 12:06:19 PM

Subject: BulkReefSupply.com Group Buy

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to the BulkReefSupply.com group buy. Everyone who has signed up, as of this email, has had their account updated with access to the group buy. We do our group buys differently than other sites so be sure to take a few seconds to read over the following information before logging in to www.BulkReefSupply.com to make your purchase. Some folks from the Austin Reef Club were wondering if they could combine their order with another member to save on shipping costs. The answer is yes, but you'll have to do it on your own. Simply place one order for you and your friend and split/collect payment on your end.

1. You must have an account with us to get group buy prices. If you don't have an account as of this email simply create an account on www.BulkReefSupply.com and send an email to [email protected]. Your account will be updated as soon as we receive that email.

2. Once you login only group buy prices will display. To check discounts open the site in a separate window and make sure that you are not logged in.

3. The majority of products are discounted. However, some manufacturer's require us to honor MAP pricing. Those items are already discounted to their maximum and there is no further group buy discount.

4. If someone missed the original signup: they are free to sign up at any time before the group buy ends.

5. Preferred Customer Pricing: Each participant receives automatic and permanent Preferred Pricing for future orders, which is generally between retail and group buy prices. This upgrade will automatically happen at the end of your group buy week and is only available for participants who signed up for the group buy.

6. Your group buy is open from: August 11 to 17

7. Questions? Email [email protected]

Enjoy your www.BulkReefSupply.com Group Buy savings!

Andrew Duneman

BulkReefSupply.com

Office: 763.432.9691 #200

Fax: 763.564.1720

Email: [email protected]

Im ready to place my order.. mitch when are you ordering? if i wanted to piggy back with you and mike LiLs just has a pump i dont mind dropping it off if he wants to piggy back too i havent heard from andy. i guess i could wait i dont have to order the first day. <-- impationt lol

I got the email as well, but I'm not seeing any sort of reduced pricing.

I've got the 5 Stage RO/DI Replacement Filter Kit in my cart and it's showing $31.99 and two 3/4" ABS Bulkheads that are showing $4.49...

Yes, I'm logged in.

Anyone else showing discounted pricing? And if you are on other items, can you verify the price on these?

I have noticed that some items were not discounted like the reefkeeper stuff. but i noticed that most items are the lowest price. normal it will say 34.99-44.99 and the 44.99 will be removed.. so its just 34.99.. know what i mean?

Can you give me an example of the ones your seeing discounted? So I can verify it on my end...

The RO/DI system says 24.99-31.99, and I got the $31.99 price

The bulkheads say $3.99-$4.99 and I got $4.49 for the 2-10 price, which is the normal 2-10 price...

It's not a huge amount of money, but I'm just not seeing a discount.

chrisfowler99, for the 75GPD RO/DI 5 Stage *PLUS* System, it is showing up for for the $190 bulk order price (vs $200 if single quantity). i'm not sure about your replacement kit.

Mhart032, i was planning on pulling the trigger later tonight, but can wait til tomorrrow night. i'm happy to wait, if everyone can get their ducks in order. if anyone needs me to wait, please pm asap, then when you are ready pm with your itemized list (please include your phone # so it's quicker to reconcile).