February Meeting announcement.

caferacermike

This is to announce Austin Reef Club's first meeting in 2009. It will be held at member Cool Breeze's (Kyle), home on Feb 15th at 3:00pm.

There are plans to provide some food and refreshments. Please feel encouraged to bring a dish or something to add to the table. As Kyle is being generous enough to offer his home to the group for a meeting and has a new tank, thank you frags would be very much appreciated. This is not an ARC frag swap but feel free to bring your equipment and frags to offer for trade or sale.

Mike.

Kyle,

Is there something in particular that you're looking for as far as thank you frags.......I have plenty of pink birdsnest and deep orange montipora capricornis. I also have some pocillipora if you want to give it a try. They're small but healthy......you can go ahead and have them. Let me know if interested.

-Cindy-

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and my wife will be there. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Unfortunately all I have in my tank right now are frags so I wouldn't be able to bring any. I can bring some food though I will ask the wife if she wants to cook. As well as some nice micro brews or something of the sort. See yall there.

I have some orange cap and birdsnest. I don't have any pocillipora though, so that would be cool.

Cool. I'll bring you two different colors, hopefully one will color up. I removed them from the main tank and it's been sitting on a frag tank w/a 150w 10k bulb, not the best bulb IMO but one of them is supposed to have some iridescent pink coloration. What type of lighting do you have?

Kyle,

I still plan on coming, but this moving business has got me all behind on moving in. I am trying to stuff a 3000 sq ft house into 1500 sq ft. Because of my short time schedule in Louisiana, I did not get any cajun ethnic food. I'll try to get some rice dressing together and if you have a grill going some venison/pork sausage.

In any case, I will be there.

What is the theme of your tank? What would you like more of? Are you interested in some decrotive macro that is red? I have two types: Bortyocladia sp (commonly called Red Grape Calurpae) and a short leafy dense Red Kelp on Rock. Both get a dark maroon color with less light and with more intense light develope a yellow tint to its growth.

Lookinf forward to meeting fellow reefers.

Regards,

Pat Castille

Well that was fun. Looks like Kyle and Jennifer will be quite well fed for a while :lol:. Putting names with faces was fun. And for whomever it was who said they thought I was going to be an older guy....dunno how I should take that...but i digress. The discussions were fun and lively. and to everyone who force fed me frags before I left Just wanted to say thank you. Look forward to March's meeting (and no I am not volunteering my house....yet)

here is the kids tank with "new" frags see if you recognize anything you brought...

3283453234_2692c8c828_b.jpg

Edited by Capt. Obvious

ah yes...there is a downside...otherwise we'd all have empty tanks...oh wait...alot of us do...didn't you see kyle's back porch?;)

Yup...looked just like my empty tank. Exactly...think it was the same tank. :(

At least his had water in it.

Useless to the fish...but water nonetheless. :D

Edited by chrisfowler99

And for whomever it was who said they thought I was going to be an older guy....dunno how I should take that...but i digress.

That was me ;) Hope I didn't offended you but you still look younger then the age you mentioned. It was fun putting new faces w/new members.

Kyle and Jennifer-----Thanks for opening your home to a bunch of strangers......it was nice meeting both of you. Food smelled and looked good but my crew and I had a heavy lunch. But I did enjoyed those fried pickles.

Safe trip and if Jennifer needs help give a holler to someone here.

Thanks,

Robert and Cynthia Manning