February Meeting announcement.

caferacermike

This is to announce Austin Reef Club's first meeting in 2009. It will be held at member Cool Breeze's (Kyle), home on Feb 15th at 3:00pm.

The address is:

407 Deepwood Dr

Georgetown, TX 78628

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source...077248&z=14

As this will be the first meeting in a very long time we'd like to keep it simple and short. Let's all get together and discuss topics and or themes for future meetings. Let's all get together and meet each other again. Help us tailor the meetings to what you'd like them to be.

There are plans to provide some food and refreshments. Please feel encouraged to bring a dish or something to add to the table. As Kyle is being generous enough to offer his home to the group for a meeting and has a new tank, thank you frags would be very much appreciated. This is not an ARC frag swap but feel free to bring your equipment and frags to offer for trade or sale.

Mike.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be there if not working. Once the date gets closer we will see how many people are coming and base our food on that. looking forward to seeing old faces and meeting new!

James

Kyle,

I plan on coming. As I would have just been returning from a trip to Louisiana, would a Cazun appetizer work. We have a spicey rice/meat food called boudain. It is similiar to a rice dressing with a sausage casing. It would require being warmed. Either a micrwave or a not so hot spot on a grill.

Pat Castille

No beverage restrictions. I thought maybe the batch of beer i'm brewing would be ready, but I didn't start it soon enough. :( oh well. maybe next time.

Feel free to bring any and all food. I have not been told of any beverage restrictions and I would prefer to leave that up to the host, so feel free to bring us beverages.

^

THIS

Hells yes!

With bells on...esp if there is cajun action....

I am curious about the phrase, "I'll be there with bells on". One summer, my daughter worked for a catering service at "Glaciar National Park" in Montana. The Rangers advised people hiking the "back country" to wear a bell so as not to supprise grizzly bears. However, the locals called them "dinner bells. Go figure, who the dinner is.

With respect to boudain, my wife likes "Boudain King" in Crowley and I prefer "Best Stop" in Scott. One other ethnic food which "Best Stop" makes is "hog head cheese". A second daughter asked me not to use that name as a college friend from Baylor would not try it. So instead we eat "cajun pate". I'll bring "boudain" and "cajun pate".

Pass a nice day now.

Pat Castille