Offroadodge 's 40g

offroadodge

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a mixed bag of feelings from awe and extreme jealously that you could put something together from scratch in basically a week. I'm still staring at a 3 year old tank that's stand isn't finished yet. Glad to have you back sir.

In all fairness to the true NEWBIES, I don't know how to take my time when I start something. When I 1st started the very 1st tank it took me some time to get it all together all be it that it was and in wall project. But THANK YOU Ty. I feel as though I never left. With friends anything is possible. And thank you to all the others with the comments to. Maybe mid summer if there are still meetings I can host one and see how far it has come.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Ooooooooooh, man that looks good! What kind of wood did you use for the skin of the stand?

I believe its blonde Aspen. 1/2" x 4x8 was $68. It has alot of nice character

Welcome back man, just saw this and catching up. Excellent work as always!

Yes, the club does have diamond tipped hole saws available to loan to premium members. Details here: http://www.austinreefclub.com/forum/135-arc-club-equipment/

Thanks Mike, I need to renew my premium membership. I found a hole saw bit @ Rivercity, Jake let me borrow It.

nothing new today other than i got my ATO and my powerhead. I went witht the Maxspec Gyre 130. I guess this is where the project starts to slow down a bit. really all i need now is liverock...

Well, I'll be getting a 140 that will need a pane replaced if you really need a project. [emoji12]. At least until your rock is done cycling. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I'll be getting a 140 that will need a pane replaced if you really need a project. [emoji12]. At least until your rock is done cycling. Lol

I saw your thread. I don't think it would be that hard to accomplish. Maybe a 1/2 day.i would cut old glass off, trim all the silicone inside tank and reseal the whole thing at one time. Don't take any other glass off just trim off what's inside.

Nice build offroaddodge! Im fixing to start my own 40 breeder build, hopefully it turns out half as good as yours!

2 questions.

1. What size is your return and overflows? Also any dimensions on where those were drilled?

2. I like those LED lights you got, very good price on amazon. Do you know of anyone that has been using them for awhile?

Good luck!

3/4" return centered in the width just below the plastic trim, 1" drains. Return pump is an Odessa 700gph wide open. The lights, i don't know of anyone using this particular brand but there are a few that are using one that are identical. There is a thread on the lights i have on Reef Central I believe.

Love rock has been ordered, due to holiday it won't ship till next week. I'm using the same company I have used for every tank. Iam excited

And what company is that?

@juiceman it's a company call Premium Caribbean. When I ordered my last 200#s it only took 2-3 days to get the ammonia outta the rock and cycled, it was pretty clean a beautiful before so I'm hoping it's the same this time. I started my water change cart. Waiting on the RODI unit to arrive this week and I can finish it. I already have the dual TDS meter.

91c40937d379e477dfc4e85b7fd3b34b.jpg

@juiceman it's a company call Premium Caribbean. When I ordered my last 200#s it only took 2-3 days to get the ammonia outta the rock and cycled, it was pretty clean a beautiful before so I'm hoping it's the same this time. I started my water change cart. Waiting on the RODI unit to arrive this week and I can finish it. I already have the dual TDS meter.

91c40937d379e477dfc4e85b7fd3b34b.jpg

I'm not finding their site. What is it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well it has made its way inside. I believe I'm gonna like it in this spot.

b251bee244326d085733830b3dab7175.jpg

I think you're going to have some nice par readings ALL OVER that tank! punk.gif

Well this came in

3d2e0290811ad971c69a4e140b2af8ca.jpg

And this is what I got, directly out of the Caribbean ocean.

7a1eb58941ad2efb17deba88b3320c6e.jpg

Got a sea fan I believe, and some realy great coralline and algae.

e33f38e5c55c4671c7149c9e04e6b9cb.jpg

The tank is officially WET!!!

Archived