Offroadodge 's 40g

offroadodge

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I kinda stacked the rock to see what it may look like. What do y'all think?

6a7c99d88738c0198aa9c609a7616d33.jpg

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

It's entirely up to you and your eye. From a personal stand point I like the look of open sand and vertical pillars with overhangs, but that's me. It limits your space for corals but looks sharp.

2e65f0673c5ab4f048cb6ffa9821ab85.jpg

I really like this scape. They used a tile saw to cut the rock down into "deli slices" setup was for a 50 gallon

2dd44768f50d7ee26aa6714f2319afcd.jpg

gonna have to build a canopy, the overflows are just to loud for my likeing. Or put a glass top on the tank, but i think that wouldnt be a good idea cause the tank may not off gass stuff and get enough oxygen. What do you think?

gonna have to build a canopy, the overflows are just to loud for my likeing. Or put a glass top on the tank, but i think that wouldnt be a good idea cause the tank may not off gass stuff and get enough oxygen. What do you think?

Definitely no glass top. If it's a rounded overflow like mine from Fishy Business I had success silencing it with a baffle I made out of acrylic inside of the overflow.

I'm about to replace all of my fishy Business overflows with glass holes overflows just because of noise.

Might be something to look into for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can purchase acrylic sheets in various sizes from Lowes (probably at home depot too) in the window section. It's not terribly expensive and they'll even cut it for you. Before embarking on a large wood working project (although I must say your skills are far superior to mine) I'd spend $10-20 on a piece of acrylic.

Definitely no glass top. If it's a rounded overflow like mine from Fishy Business I had success silencing it with a baffle I made out of acrylic inside of the overflow.

I'm about to replace all of my fishy Business overflows with glass holes overflows just because of noise.

Why "definitely no glass top", Juiceman? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glass tops cause a lot of issues with gas exchange, heat, and salt creep in my experience.

Someone else might chime otherwise but that was my experience.

Do u have a link to them?

So here is the beginnings of my DIY calcium reactor. I had an old phosban reactor so I thought man that would work perfect with a little mods. What do y'all think?

454f74f5c84cda893cc0234521dd279f.jpg

1a815b2ee1d520b9422c05726fdd7633.jpg

d1636617b1365069b11e08a4d3e41e23.jpg

I still have to get the PH probe holder, needle valve, and bubble counter but it doesn't leak.

Well it has made its way inside. I believe I'm gonna like it in this spot.

b251bee244326d085733830b3dab7175.jpg

Holy crap that is bright.. I was thinking 3 of them for my tank. You'll have to come over and check it out.

• 1 month later...

87d338632ee338e26f6aa585f6a75e33.jpg

Well I broke down and bought a reactor, the one I built worked except I couldn't get the PH probe to stop leaking where I glued it in. Faulty craftsmanship I guess. This one doesn't leak for sure. Now to watch the little sticks become colonies.

87d338632ee338e26f6aa585f6a75e33.jpg

Well I broke down and bought a reactor, the one I built worked except I couldn't get the PH probe to stop leaking where I glued it in. Faulty craftsmanship I guess. This one doesn't leak for sure. Now to watch the little sticks become colonies.

Nice Jeremy. I like how you crammed it under the sink.

@olaggie, the wife said she didnt want a seperated cabinet beside the tank so i thought well drill a hole in the wall behind tank which is under the bathroom sink. Then everything is confined an outta sight. Im gonna check the effluent today and the KH of tank to see if things are looking good. I set the controller at 6.67, it is really spot on. When it hits 6.8 its on and 6.6 its off, not like my old one where it was 2-3pts above and below.

Archived