Offroadodge 's 40g

offroadodge

im gonn look into it today, headed out this morning with my boys to the fish store for some regular additives, sand, etc. stiil need to find some good clean liverock 40# to 50#s. How do i got about finding out if the club has one?

Message Mike Frame

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I went by Rivercity and Jake was nice enough to let me borrow his hole saw.

daf41c7fbbf0494e5629ed69904a1ea7.jpg

41d3bfe17933222327d473243c5a7e75.jpg

5f86d8d7ccb19a9085f31f1ffa3c8dfb.jpg

Now it has internal return so canopy can sit flat on top without notching it

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

So what does everyone think of running both returns into 1 true Y? Think it will restrict the flow to much?

f195273efe10ad8e534b579ef6d66ff4.jpg

Redo it with this fitting

Using the Wye fitting won't restrict the flow. The overflows will never be completely full, and that fitting will work more efficiently than a tee.

I don't know what I'm gonna do if I need a calcium reactor later. Not alot of room underneath.

You seem to be very crafty, build a small cabinet to put beside, plumb through the back so it hides everything....

Today was a productive day, stand is done, kilz on the inside and stain with polyurethane done. Tomorrow morning I'm gonna set tank back on stand and finish plumbing and do a water/flow/leak check. I'll update picks of stand and water test tomorrow

Nah man, when I get a project i can't stop, I have always been that away. And when I get to cycling the tank I won't have any finger nails cause of all the waiting.

Thank you very much. All the other equipment should be here this week, unfortunately I have a graduation to go to this next weekend and I will have to put off getting live rock till next week. I'm gonna cycle the rock in the tank with NO sand just water and a powerhead. Then once cured turn the tank on to the sump and let it run for a bit to watch the levels. Then I will start stocking it with corals and fish

Archived