April Meeting at Juiceman's 4/16/16 @2PM

Dan H

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Juiceman has volunteered to host the April meeting! Thank you!

Date: Saturday 4/16/16 @2PM

Topic: Setting up an IP camera and making an underwater camera

Auction: Bring your frags! We will be having another auction!

Water Testing: If you want to sanity check your test kits, bring yours and some water from your tank.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the topic we're thinking about "How to setup an IP camera to watch over your tank." Another possibility is just Cameras in general... Thoughts?

For the topic we're thinking about "How to setup an IP camera to watch over your tank." Another possibility is just Cameras in general... Thoughts?

I'm very interested in this! I've been wanting to set up a camera on my tank.

Both have been growing on sand, not plugs, and the larger one has spread enough it can be very easily fragged into three colonies. Not sure what the policy is but I was thinking of starting the bidding at $10 for the smaller one and $20 for the larger one.

• 2 weeks later...

I will pickup some chips, sodas, and other snacks. Feel free to bring any other things you like or Beverages of the Adult persuasion.

I got my new IP camera in today and will test everything out to make sure there are no hiccups when we go through how to set it up!

Something else I would like to try this meeting that was thought up during the Beer:30 meetup... After we all get a chance to introduce ourselves, I would like to take some time to allow anyone who's either been in the hobby less than 6 months, or who's tank is < 6 months old to have 5-10 minutes to just tell us about their setup, ask questions to the whole group, etc. It's not to put them on the spot, but give them an opportunity to really talk and learn.

Something else I would like to try this meeting that was thought up during the Beer:30 meetup... After we all get a chance to introduce ourselves, I would like to take some time to allow anyone who's either been in the hobby less than 6 months, or who's tank is < 6 months old to have 5-10 minutes to just tell us about their setup, ask questions to the whole group, etc. It's not to put them on the spot, but give them an opportunity to really talk and learn.

I thought we were saying to just pair off the newbies to someone experienced and have them ask questions one on one? If I was new, I'd be pretty intimidated to ask questions to the whole group personally.

I like this idea. Also trouble shooting since I set up a Foscam, but can only view it while on my own network. I've tried to allow pass throughs, but computers aren't my language and I'm lost doh.gif

I like this idea. Also trouble shooting since I set up a Foscam, but can only view it while on my own network. I've tried to allow pass throughs, but computers aren't my language and I'm lost doh.gif

There are giant threads on the Neptune forums discussing how to get the Foscam to play nice. I'd check there if you haven't yet.

I have looked at the Neptune forums on this issue. I think I need to call the Foscam help desk. I have a router that isn't the typical Linksys router and following the pass through steps doesn't translate perfectly with my router set up.

I can help. Every router is a little different but the way I do it should be pretty similar

I have looked at the Neptune forums on this issue. I think I need to call the Foscam help desk. I have a router that isn't the typical Linksys router and following the pass through steps doesn't translate perfectly with my router set up.

I can help. Every router is a little different but the way I do it should be pretty similar

Please sir! Enlighten me

Are you on AT&T Uverse by any chance?

If so, it's them. My foscam has worked with port forwarding for the last few years, but they just disabled this unless you specifically go through them (not your router) to allow it.

If so, it's them. My foscam has worked with port forwarding for the last few years, but they just disabled this unless you specifically go through them (not your router) to allow it.

Nope, I have Time Warner at the moment.

You have to tell them to put the router into modem mode if you're using a separate router. Same with time Warner.

Nope, I have Time Warner at the moment.

I have time warner also. I had to fight with them over the phone to turn the router into modem mode so I could use my own router. Once they did that, everything started working. I got you gig em!

Archived