New Tank December 20th!

Sascha D.

It looks as though not many people are available to help on Wednesday and I was unable to find a moving company to hire the muscle. I called customer service at the freight terminal and will schedule a home delivery. I probably should have done that from the start but I didn't know it was an option. doh.gif

The scheduler will get into the office at 1:30pm and I can confirm the delivery with them.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish that I had good news, but there appears to be a miscommunication in what I thought delivery was and what they offer. They will deliver it to the house, but they won't offload it. Right now I have two options: take a truck to the terminal and they will fork lift it onto the bed, then have 4 friends meet at the house to offload it or hire movers.

Pick-up times are between 6-10am or 5-8pm at the terminal.

Thanks James! Ty said he could help and that makes three. U-Haul trucks come with a ramp. We could put it on furniture dollies inside of the truck, strap it down so that it doesn't move inside and then just wheel it out using the ramp. The ramp is removable and I only have two steps to get past. We could wheel it into the house as well. How many people do you think we would need?

I'll check with my friends and see who is available. If we don't get enough then I'm going to wheel it into my garage and wait until the weekend. I think we need at least four furniture dollies and a few straps.

Anybody want to come eat my food and drink my beer? Oh yeah, and lift a tank onto the stand.

I think you'll only need 2 furniture dollies, one on each end. Everytime I try to use a 3rd in the middle, one of the three never has enough pressure on it and slides out anyways.

I picked up my 215 with 3/4" thick glass (dry weight 500+ lbs) and all I did was show up with one buddy. We put it on the two dollies and strapped it down. Then pushed it into the Uhaul using the ramp, then did the same to push it into my garage. I pushed it into the house by myself another day and then we had a tank lifting party.

I think that's probably the best idea is since its mid-week, to just do something similar and then find a good day for a tank lifting party when you have the stand setup and in place. Perhaps even have a meeting at the house and then everyone lift the tank for you.

Anyways, not to make it harder on you but now I'm getting a range delivered on Wednesday. I'll update on the timeframe but I won't know until the night before they said. Hopefully we can work around the delivery time.

No problem! I think Saturday is going to be the day. Nearly all of my friends are available that day so it should be a breeze. I'll try and get the tank as far as I can get it Wednesday.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Haha it was one if the most nerve taking things I've done in a few years. I'm glad you were there to keep me from freaking out too much. I couldn't have done it without you!

Haha it was one if the most nerve taking things I've done in a few years. I'm glad you were there to keep me from freaking out too much. I couldn't have done it without you!

You did all the work. I just stood around and took pictures. I'm glad we were able to get it into the garage. I think I'm planning a tank moving retirement party sometime soon. Go out with a bang!

Archived