New Tank December 20th!

Sascha D.

Help!

We moved into the new house last month and now it's time for a new tank. The tank is being built by glass cages and is scheduled to arrive in Austin on December 20th. The scheduler said they would confirm the time about a week out. I know that it's close to the holidays, but if anyone is available to help move the tank then we would really appreciate it. We'll have free food and drinks on hand as a way of thanking anyone that can help. Please let me know if you can bring a truck or suction cups. Let me know if you have food or drink requests!

Now onto the specs!

• 300 gallon wide aquarium
  • 96" L x 30" W x 25" H
  • Eurobracing
  • Internal coast to coast overflow 86" leaving 5" on each side for circulation pump mounting
  • Bean Animal style drain with 3 x 1.5" sch 80 bulkheads
  • Smooth overflow - No teeth!
  • Blue acryllic overflow cover
  • Black silicone
  • Oak stand 36" tall with a 25" door on the left side
  • Oak canopy with removable front face

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two or three furniture dollies should probably do it. I'd carry the tank to your front door and then set it down on dollies to slide it through the front door and into the house from that point on. Do you have to pick up the tank from a remote location or are they delivering to your curb?

I will have to call and confirm. I have a few friends from work coming to help and they have trucks if we need them. I have one furniture dolly and I can pick up two more for easy transition. I was thinking carry the tank to the stairs (only two steps), slide it onto two dollies, and use the third to transition over the threshold of the front door. After that we'll only have to lift it onto the stand like we did your tank. Piece of cake!

That's exactly what I pictured for carrying it into the house. I have one furniture dolly I can bring, maybe two if whoever borrowed my other one ever brings it back.

Let's measure that front door just to be sure it'll fit. [emoji4]

I measured the door this morning and it's 36" on the frame and 33" from door to frame. I think we should be able to take the tank in without removing the door. Since we're using dollies, the tank should slide right through!

He's got a nice straight shot to the final resting spot of the tank. Going to be one of the easier tank lifting parties.

Well in that case I'M IN!

Haha jk, I can't promise I'll be available this far in advance, but when the week comes closer and you still need help hit me up.

With dollies we'll only have to lift the tank from the truck to the steps, push it into the house and then lift it onto the stand. It will probably take an hour with picking it up. Everyone is welcome to stay, get some food and hang out afterwards.

Six hundred gallons of synthetic salt arrived at my house yesterday. I'm expecting the skimmer any time now. That's the last piece I need for a complete tank! I think I've decided on two WP60's that will be controlled by my Reef Angel, but I haven't ordered the pumps yet. They're not on sale so there's no rush.

Archived