New Tank December 20th!

Sascha D.

I've never run the RW models but I have seen them in action. I chose to stick with the WP models because I needed the more direct flow to program my gyre flows and clean out modes with my Apex. I would say if you're choosing between the two, keep the water flow patterns in mind for what you want to achieve.

I'd definitely be using the RW series if I plan to add any pumps on the back wall as a Vortech-like spread flow would be more ideal in my tank in that configuration. For the 6' span that I need a more directed, focused flow, the WP works brilliantly.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't researched pumps too much but I need two strong circ pumps to push the 8' length. I only assumed wp60 based on feedback from ppl I know that run them. My experience with circ pumps is that they don't last long so an economical price is also a must.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Haha, the best part about a dream tank is that I never have to upgrade again! Truthfully I don't have the time or the energy to have a second tank, even if I had wanted one. I got so caught up in designing the tank that I haven't decided what to do with it yet! I've done predator tanks for several years and don't think I'll ever do it again. Maybe a cool FOWLR with non-reef safe fish. I still have my LEDs so I could do corals, but I'm fairly certain that ULNS are not for me.

I talked to the manufacturer today and they're going to ship it to a freight terminal. The freight guys will load it onto the trucks with a forklift, so that's pretty easy! Right now I'm waiting for the shipment to be scheduled and I'll let everyone know. I don't want to disturb any of my friends weekly schedules, so if they're not open on weekends then I may just go ahead and hire movers.

Are you still expecting delivery this Sunday? Just let me know what you find out about the delivery. If they are going to just load it right into the truck, then I can just meet you at the house and help you take it into the house and put it on the stand. I'll bring a furniture dolly.

I called them this morning and they're finishing up the 84" coast to coast overflow today. She said she wants to hold it until Monday before shipping it out and she'll provide me with the tracking number and contact information then. The tank is too big for home delivery so they're going to ship it to the terminal, which takes about three days. I'll be able to pick it up anytime after Wednesday. I'm going to call the terminal once the tank has shipped.

I really don't want to have to ask my friends to help on a week night. After work is for relaxing and not moving huge aquariums in the cold weather. If the terminal is not open on the weekends then I'll call around and see if I can hire some muscle to go get it. Does anyone know someone who does that sort of thing?

Alright, the tank has shipped! Bad weather has delayed it a bit, but we're expecting it to arrive in the terminal on 1/5/16.

Sweet!!!

What's your gameplan? Grab it that day or wait until the weekend? Where's the terminal located?

The terminal is located in Austin at 9018 Tuscanny Way. The freight company said they'll hold it for 24 hours and after that there will be a charge. They weren't in the holiday spirit...hmm.png

Only a couple of people offered to help with the move so I have started gathering quotes from moving companies. Most movers have a minimum of 2 or 3 hours, but they have a truck big enough to hold all of the furniture.

Wednesday the 6th would probably be safest, unless I get confirmation the truck will be there sooner. I'm sure most people have to work those days and I don't want to waste their time. Pick-up from the terminal will probably be around 5-6pm depending on who is available and what time they get off. Start to finish will probably be two hours including drive time.

Archived