I love ARC

Manny

I know this is probably not the best section to post this but it indirectly is related to reef keeping so I'll post it here.

One of the many reasons I really enjoy ARC is because of the fellowship you can actually feel even from being behind a computer screen. I am one of the few members here who lives out in the BCS area (go Aggies). This really limits our interactions and transactions we can perform on here. That being said, I recently posted my reef breeders photon 48 for sale on here. I, later that day, received a personal message from Reburn offering to be my mode of shipping to get the lights to a buyer in Austin. That would save me about $65 in shipping. He says he's constantly close to our area and would be more than willing to meet with me to get him the lights. Well thanks to his generous offer, Neon Reefer now has himself a set of photon 48 and I recovered a large portion of my ATI lights expense. People like Reburn, Dustin Pedretti, mFrame, to name a few, make ARC not only an enjoyable place to pass some time, but also a very convenient and efficient way of getting some items out to the Austin area. They definitely make transactions between us alot more convenient and realistic. Most notably, all of them have always done it out of good will and not for a price.

I guess this is a shout out to all of you guys for being awesome.

Manny and All,

I really don't need any kudos or anything. I'm just doing like others have done for me. When I found my tank leaking for the second time in 2 months one Sunday morning I called Sam and Sherita. Sam left his family and church to drive out to my house to pickup all my acros. He literally saved all of my acros. Sherita drove down 2 hours to my house to pick up all my zoos, fish and LPS. Out of the literally hundreds of corals I lost 1 piece. Both currently are still taking care of all my coral while I build a new tank. Without both of them I don't know what I would have done but I can almost guarantee that it would have been bad.

JimH was also nice enough to make a round trip to Plano with me to pick up my new tank.

And the countless others that have given me advice and helped me along the way.

We have a great community here and I am a firm believer you get out what you put in.

So like others I don't want praise I'm just paying off some of the "debt" from other members and paying it forward. :)

+111 on all the good will and I have to shout out to Manny and Reburn for making it possible for me to get those Photons. They will make my new 150XT build really nice. Manny was generous enough to go the extra mile for me, even though it was a text by phone deal he kept me informed every step of the way. Communication is important in these transactions and he is an honorable reefer my friends. And Reburn is just plain good folks. Thanks guys and if anyone else is ever considering any kind of transactions with these guys you can count on their word.

Andre'

ARC was awesome for me when I lived in Aggieland. It was the only way to get SPS corals and other specialty reef animals. It's very lonely in BCS for a reefer, but this forum is definitely a great way to keep in touch within the hobby. It's good to keep posting and let ppl know you're there and looking for things. I make trips to CS for career fairs, football games, etc, so if I see you're in need of something here and happen to be heading your way I would be happy to help out!

Gig 'Em!

Archived