JimH's 32 Gallon Coralvue T-60

jolt

Hey Jim! I didn't realize you were using a kessil as well until your post. Not sure if you got your light setting where you want it but when I have ever had issues in the past with light, brightwell aquatics "revive" works wonders. It's worth the investment imo!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure it's where it needs to be yet either. Reburn and I have been comparing our settings and we at least now have a baseline. I have been seeing the corals start to color up a bit so the current theory on my recent problems was a combination of under nutrition and over lighting. I'll keep the revive in mind for the future, thanks for the tip!

What do you currently run your Kessils at for color and intensity and how far off the water are yours? (Also are you using the WE or N models?)

Wow, I am the opposite: 40% intensity and 60% color. I'll keep watching your build thread to see how that''s working out for you.

How high off the water are your lights, and how deep is your tank?

The lights are 3.5" off surface and the tank is about 23" deep. I just left the light on the same setting its been on for a while when I moved them over. I'll prob turn them up after a month or two once I make sure the new tank is doin good and the new corals acclimate

• 3 weeks later...

Inspired by SAM's topdown shots earlier today. It's not the same league as his, but it's been a while since I posted any pics:

Little Monti Setosa I got from Reburn:

post-3460-0-60400200-1422498655_thumb.jp

And MIMF Blue Bottlebrush I got as a tiny nub from SAM. One of my favorites:

post-3460-0-32823900-1422498695_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Next year includes an upgrade to a bigger tank lol!!!!

SAM the process has already started. I blame you! Giving me those tiny frags for free with that sly smile ....

And I laughed when RichardL told me my 32 gallon was a 'Gateway Tank'

Can you go ahead and tell the other board members the equipment you run on that gateway tank? It's enough to run a much larger tank easily.

Maybe a 60 cube. No return pump though. And then I'd need a sump and a CaRx.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived