JimH's 32 Gallon Coralvue T-60

jolt

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My piece started the same size as yours. It broke in half during shipping to me :) Then I accidently fragged it a couple of weeks ago (I think ckyuv wants that one)

Haha - that was my first ever accidental frag!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I went and snatched up that accidental frag but wow that's a good lookin tank! GreAt colors. I'm going to have to mess with the lights but your color at 54% is a lot more ur than mine. I ended up movin mine to 50% but mines really white. Not sure if I'm crazy or its that far off lol

Well I went and snatched up that accidental frag but wow that's a good lookin tank! GreAt colors. I'm going to have to mess with the lights but your color at 54% is a lot more ur than mine. I ended up movin mine to 50% but mines really white. Not sure if I'm crazy or its that far off lol

Thanks for the compliment Patrick!

The Kessil numbers I quoted you were max numbers. But it's ramping on my controller so by the time you got to my house it was probably down to something like 30% intensity and 40% color. My schedule is like this right now:

On 10:30am intensity 13% color: 20%

intensity does a parabolic ramp up to 39%, so it hits max that at 3:30pm, then parabolic ramp back down

color is on a 4 hour linear ramp to max of 57%, 2 hours at max, and then 4 hour linear ramp to 20%

Off 8:30pm intensity: 13% color: 20%

• 3 weeks later...

I think we should design an ARC app that can be used for aquascaping, kind of like those home architecture programs but for aquariums! We could start with a requirements specification for the overall app featureset?

So I super glued them back together. I've done this before with birdsnest and it worked fine. Haven't tried it with acros, but I think I read on ARC forums that others have done it successfully. But the sour twist looks kind of odd now, the top half is pissed off and brown and the bottom half looks fine.

That's pretty cool. So far I am not seeing any STN but my two pieces look way more pissed than the one in your photos, but it's only been four days so fingers crossed!

Ok, here are pics of the two frags I snapped when cleaning. I need to get a macro lens so I can take these closeup shots better. They are still hanging in there, but pissed colorwise. Not seeing any STN though.

WWC Red Shortcake, snapped right at base. Brown above base, but still red on the tip

post-3460-0-90639600-1427641909_thumb.jp

JF Sour Twist snapped about half way up. Brown above, green below. Polyps out.

post-3460-0-27371400-1427641936_thumb.jp

And, just to show that I did not mistreat *all* my frags, here are a few recent shots

Red Planet, tri-color valida, pearlberry, wwc yellowtips

post-3460-0-83914700-1427642036_thumb.jp

JF Toxic Aculeus

post-3460-0-43444500-1427642106_thumb.jp

JF Jack o'Lantern, Tyree Pink Watermelon

post-3460-0-12421100-1427642129_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

Left to right: original UC SSC, SAM's Raspberry Delight (in front), mistreated JF Sour Twist (behind, it actually fully healed and then I broke it again in the same spot!), Palmer's Blue Mille, little bottlebrush from SAM (foreground, original piece STNd but I saved this little bit), WWC Yellowtips (middle), and Gonzo's Grape Juice up top

post-3460-0-54421000-1430791963_thumb.jp

Archived