360g (72x42x27) SPS Heaven

olaggie01

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow it looks like it's coming along well. Love the angelfish.

Thanks. Doing well so far. We will see how the angel does in QT. So far so good. Ate some frozen mysis this afternoon. A little timid at first but ate several.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is everyone's thoughts on my aquascape? I like the left side but I feel the right side is too tall / full / bulky. I've been following a lot of aussie threads lately and one UK thread (sahin) and I think I'd like to lower the right side.

I took some PAR measurements with my fixture with the T5s at 100% and the LEDs at 80% and I'm confident that I could continue to grow acros if I lowered the rock structure. This should also allow my fish to swim the full 6' without interruption by the rock work. Ty suggested it would be easier to do it now without the corals mounted, which I completely agree. I think once these new additions acclimate and are ready to be mounted, I'll change up the rocks a bit.

I went back and looked at your equipment and I see you have the ATI powermodule. No wonder you are following sahin! He seems to be the guru with that particular light, gets great results with his corals How are you liking your lights so far?

I personally like your aquascape, but if you want to lower it and you can still grow the corals you want - I say go for it!

I think part of it would be to re-arrange the middle (as suggested on RC). I do need to remove 1 rock up top. I might move the anemone island to the frag tank or move the rock from under it so that it sits lower in the water.

I'm with you, I say lower it like you were thinking. My structure on the right is higher and even though my SPS are still just frags, I can see myself losing vertical growth space already.

That's what I'm worried about. Not enough head space once things go vertical.

Mounted some sps corals and moved some rocks around a bit to open up the right side. Still not there but getting close.

Pictures aren't great from my iPhone and after I cleaned the glass / moved rocks but it gives you an idea

6f3abc132753e8fbac877e9080833488.jpg

35222282ebbacd0d25c0d7ed2d714624.jpg

d0d321c1b95b381174a80b41583cdc68.jpg

eae849612fa37da9b8442bd11269fcc4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Archived