360g (72x42x27) SPS Heaven

olaggie01

A couple of updated SPS shots. Alk has been very steady. PO4 crept up a bit (I turned the valve on the frag tank to feed and forgot to turn it back on) and I've got a bit of algae (due to feedings, etc) but otherwise things are going pretty well. Angel has been doing well. Need to get the QT started again and get a few more fish in the tank.

P1012443_zpso1iewrhi.jpg

P1012450_zpskduasaru.jpg

P1012459_zpskluudv1c.jpg

P1012471_zpsvr0jh6r5.jpg

A little blurry but you can see the color:

P1012475_zpsb6jhwekr.jpg

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, awesome stuff! I'm smitten by that plana looking one (2nd post, 2nd pic)! I'm glad you got a surhasoni... mine died off with my last alk spike. You know where I'm going with that statement, right? [emoji6]

Man, awesome stuff! I'm smitten by that plana looking one (2nd post, 2nd pic)! I'm glad you got a surhasoni... mine died off with my last alk spike. You know where I'm going with that statement, right? [emoji6]

That is just a typical Joe the Coral. Just getting pounded by light so it looks a little different that the ORA pics.

Feel free to come over any time with your cutters. I need to bank some frags.

• 1 month later...

Need to update this thread a bit.

I added a pair of AI Vegas to the side of the ATi fixture. I feel that the ATi fixture would have been fine, but since I have SPS near the sides of the tank, I felt like there needed to be some supplemental lighting.

Fish seem to be doing very well. 1 yellow tang is getting bullied, but I suspect more food will help the agression

Got some new frags from Sam and am letting them acclimate.

Started Nitrate Dosing to try and help drive down the PO4 in the tank a bit. I feel as though my tank is a bit NO3 limited, so by adding KNO3 (potassium nitrate) I believe this will help lower the PO4 in addition. Time will tell.

Pictures:

P1012511_zpsteggyjbb.jpg

P1012550_zpsm7a39psh.jpg

P1012537_zpsqa8ahrjj.jpg

P1012545_zpspfi00qeq.jpg

P1012548_zpsbq1l0a02.jpg

Looks very much like a pinky the bear that I had a number of years ago

P1012536_zpswmglalyl.jpg

That plana is freaking sick! I want a frag :P

That plana is freaking sick! I want a frag tongue.png

If it ever flattens out and provides a spot to frag, then I'll save you a piece.

Archived