360g (72x42x27) SPS Heaven

olaggie01

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Got the actual light up thanks to the ultimate arc mentor Tybio. He basically lifted it straight over his head and I sat back in awe. Amazing strength on heat guy.

I ended up losing most of my sps in the frag tank. I have a lot of Lps left along with 4-5 Rtbas. Tank could use a large order of corals but I'm waiting till the New Years to place that order.

I still need to add sand (if the weather will cooperate I'd like to try this week) and then start working on the stand etc.

Still need to organize my sump again and clean out the frag tank. Nothing left but death in there.

4f7fef7a31e1d78bd3c35fd1a7944eb7.jpg

04b3137562b61129493aa099832a2274.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The depth of field is better appreciated in person as the picture does no justice. It's a great setup. He put me to work for the opportunity to view it so just be careful if you want to do the same. [emoji6] I think I saw a skimmer cup that needed emptying if you wanted a peek at Megatank.

The depth of field is better appreciated in person as the picture does no justice. It's a great setup. He put me to work for the opportunity to view it so just be careful if you want to do the same. [emoji6] I think I saw a skimmer cup that needed emptying if you wanted a peek at Megatank.

MEGATANK!!!

MEGASKIMMER!!!

MEGA CARX!!!

MEGA $$!!!

I got the DIY discount. I built than stand out of plywood and my own two hands... take a closer look and you'll see its definitely DIY. [emoji57]

As I explained to my wife, that vent fan is basically free if you think about the humidity damage I'll be avoiding with it installed now. [emoji6]

You done with your tank upgrade yet? Quit goofing around! It only took me ... er... a year to upgrade you slacker!

i'm basically done, minus sand and the tank surround, etc. I think I may be ready for a few test frags in Jan. The LPS and few remaining SPS (digi's) are doing well

I got the DIY discount. I built than stand out of plywood and my own two hands... take a closer look and you'll see its definitely DIY. [emoji57]

As I explained to my wife, that vent fan is basically free if you think about the humidity damage I'll be avoiding with it installed now. [emoji6]

You done with your tank upgrade yet? Quit goofing around! It only took me ... er... a year to upgrade you slacker!

• 2 weeks later...

Got the frag tank cleared out, installed my vega lights and added sand. I need to get the remaining fish out but that might require draining the tank down. I'll try it when I do my next water change.

ed7eda8c38e93054e45d0ddb4af1c1b1.jpg

I hooked up the ca rx last night. Alk was getting a little low at 6.3. PO4 is holding steady at .0061 (2 ppb). Corals seem to be doing well. A little light as you would expect with no PO4.

Did you hook up the megaCaRX? Or are you running the Geo?

That frag tank looks like it's begging to be filled with frags already. Do you have the ability to bypass it? Basically use it as a quarantine when needed for corals?

Setup is looking great!

Did you hook up the megaCaRX? Or are you running the Geo?

That frag tank looks like it's begging to be filled with frags already. Do you have the ability to bypass it? Basically use it as a quarantine when needed for corals?

Setup is looking great!

Running the geo. I need to repair megacarx

There is a rock with GSP and Rtbas on it, might leave it in there and see what happens. Gives the fish someplace to hide as well

Archived