360g (72x42x27) SPS Heaven

olaggie01

Great build!! One of these days I need to make a trip and check out your ATI led/t5 system and tank. I've been thinking about that that light and would like to see it in action.

That tank is a monster.

You are definitely welcome to come up and check out the light/tank. Although, I'm going to take down the light during the transition period and remount it in the canopy (or maybe keep it rimless?).

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ordered and received my CL pump.

The transformer is huge with this pump. I had no idea it came with a separate transformer.

Got the live rock curing in a tank outside and have been collecting SPS for the transfer.

Going to try and get the overflows and CL pumping finished before I move the tank into the office.

925E8095-6323-4872-8DDA-EFA93ECA1855_zps

4A8E9F88-85C6-436A-9CE9-01DA42B53627_zps

D60A667E-703B-4796-A324-E8986C22CD63_zps

so what are your plans for the overflow, I remember Dale having an issue with the way he had it but looks like that's all been removed. Also are you gonna leave it rimless of put a euro brace on it? When it had water in it I believe it had like a 3/4" bow in front glass. Glad to see a great tank went to a good home.

so what are your plans for the overflow, I remember Dale having an issue with the way he had it but looks like that's all been removed. Also are you gonna leave it rimless of put a euro brace on it? When it had water in it I believe it had like a 3/4" bow in front glass. Glad to see a great tank went to a good home.

Hi Jeremy,

I'm going to put in 2 internal overflows. You can see the outline of them on one of the pictures above. The issue Dale had was two fold. One was the way the overflows were designed, I don't think they were able to perform like he expected, and then the back glass cracked when he was resting the canopy on the back for maintenance. We fixed the back glass and I'm going to run internal overflow (with teeth) to compensate for the overflow.

Regarding the bow, I'm planning on keeping it rimless but adding a stainless steel frame. It will be covered by the canopy but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Regarding the lift, you can see on the first page the picture of my current tank with the three windows. I plan to bolt the lifts to the wall behind the new tank and use them to lift the canopy when I need to get into the tank. I need to figure out what actuators to use and how to secure them to the canopy.

Cool, if u need some input on actuators LMK. I used Progressive Automations in Canada for the one I had.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Definitely need some help. Cool website.

Here is a picture of the canopy (gutted). I will keep the LEDs and maybe reinstall the T12s. I plan to mount my ati light inside the canopy and attach the canopy to a pair or three forks and then to actuators. This will allow the canopy to be lifted and allow access to the tank.

3egypyve.jpg

bydu6udy.jpg

medumadu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just make sure the opening is big enough for you to squeeze into the tank and do your weekly free dive to clean your algae.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Algae? Algae?? Those are fighting words tybo.

I think you meant to say make the opening big enough for me to clean all the SPS Growrh

Perhaps you mean to cut me frags of all your SPS growth? I actually meant to say clean your glass...

Likely excuse.

And of course I'll cut you some frags.

• 4 weeks later...

Worked on the tank over the past few weeks. Got 4 of the overflow holes cut. Need to decide what to do about the closed loop and figure out how to lift the canopy. Getting an overflow cut and will get that installed next week hopefully.

• 2 months later...

Got the tank moved into the office. Looks kinda huge. Took 3 guys and myself to move it from my garage to the office. Not the prettiest way of moving things but it worked.

Got the main light moved over to the frag tank and re-programmed. Going to transfer the corals tonight (hopefully) and then break down the old tank to sell it.

My plan is to get the main tank up and plumbed, and then cycled with LR. I'll keep the frag tank closet on a closed circuit until November perhaps. Then I'll open the valve and connect the two systems and slowly start moving corals to the main tank.

I don't think that picture does justice for scale. That tank is giant! I think 9 of me can fit in there!

What, no kudos to your light hanging assistant and his trusty sidekick Z-pup?

atyma8yh.jpg

Why are you leaving me out Chris? I sniff inspected everything for you!

Sent via Tapatalk

Archived