100g Rimless with suspended canopy

OU12004

Man, If I lived in the area I'd have a tank full of maricultures by now after hearing from ole Ty what the dome has been getting. I see no reason why you shouldn't stock up lol

• 4 weeks later...

Both the torch and hammer I got from AquaSD have both completely melted. This is the first shipped order I have done and I am very disappointed with the result. I think I will just stick to buying from the LFS and other members from now on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They look nice, but when I click to see larger versions they are still small

I changed the link, but the zoomed in version of the Go Pro pics gets blurry. Still have some work to do to figure out the settings.

• 2 months later...

WOW this tank has come along. I haven't kept up since early on. Everything looks spectacular. It appears we have the same "rainbow" bubble tip anemone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

On my way to work this morning my wife called and said your tank is beeping and is overflowing. "Your son" unplugged something, what do I do? I told her to turn the main return pump back on, but she could not find the right control panel to turn it back on. The return tubes turned in to siphons and drained lower than the return grates and drained more water than the refugium could hold. The stand shower lining did its job and no water got on the floor but wife was still not happy!

Fortunately, I was only a few miles away and was able to come home and turn the pump on and clean up the overflowed water in the stand but this could have been a major problem had I not been close or in town. This is the second time something has overflowed because of my kids, but I don't think rehomeing them is an option. I guess I just need to be happy with green and brown sps until my kids get older.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well my run of bad luck continues! My Apex temp probe some how became 3 degrees off but I did not realize it until I started to see my SPS colonies dying in mass. I also got a 14,000 dollar repair bill from Audi at this same time so I was fighting with them and honestly was not trying to figure out what was going on with my tank for nearly 3 weeks.

When I finally got my car repaired I started to try and figure out what was going wrong and when I put my hand in the tank I thought it felt cold so I bought 2 thermometers to verify the temp and sure enough both read 3 degrees colder.

During that time a couple of things happened the fan started running all the time to keep the temp at 79 degrees, this increased the evaporation and decreased the temp to 76 degrees. The ATO tops off with kalk so the PH went from 7.8-8.1 to 8.0-8.8.

Also because so much water was evaporating I was not keeping up with the top off container refills which meant salinity was also swinging.

I have stabilized the temp and the evap has slowed to a gallon a day as it was before, the PH has dropped back to where it was before and salinity is stable again.

So far I have lost about 5 colonies and several frags but so far only the SPS have been affected. Some of these colonies I have had for over 4 years and I have to be honest I was really depressed after the loss.

Some times one bad thing cascades into to several because you do not have the energy to problem solve multiple major issues at once. If I had also lost my LPS I may have taken the tank down and called it day.

Sorry to hear! Those darn SPS don't give us any breaks when things aren't going well. Glad you sustained only some losses and not the whole tank.

That's odd that your temp probe went nuts as that is not a common thing. I believe you can change the offset off the temp probe if you want instead of buying a new one. For me, I'd probably just buy a new one just to be safe.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Just Reef, someone ordered this beauty but I talked Aaron into selling it to me. Eats like there is no tomorrow and is the best looking fish they had! image_zpsyul4cgna.jpeg

Nice! I love my mystery wrasse! I got mine from Just Reef too.

• 5 weeks later...