100g Rimless with suspended canopy

OU12004

The Westside is recruiting if you know any volunteers, their numbers are a little thin.

I added another 20 pound bag of black sand that was a heavier grain and I have been shiphoning out the lighter sand when it makes its way to the top. So far no more sand storms.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got the APEX for piece of mind when I travel, but of course, as soon as I go out of town the APEX stops working and just says APEX disconnected! Why in the blank does APEX not build in wifi. Stop being greedy and bult in the blanking wifi. Sorry for the rant but for the price you should not have to buy a seperate piece of equipment to connect it.

That's no fun! Cat5 is cheap... I ran one from my router to my Apex through the attic instead of going with a wireless dongle. I assume you already had it working outside of your home network before and this is just it being difficult and just randomly going offline? Do you think your internet went out? That's my biggest fear... to toggle the ATO pump remotely and then the connection break... HOW DO I TURN IT OFF!!! AHHH!!! thumbsdown.gif

Regular wifi is working fine and Fusion has been working fine since I set it up at Christmas (of course I was in town). I used a wifi extender then ran a Cat5 wire to into the APEX and I have not had a problem until I left town. I had my wife do the standard IT thing, turn it off and back on but the signal is not coming back. I am just really pissed that a 99 dollar Kindle has built in wifi, a 100 dollar printer has built in wifi, but a $600 dollar controller doesn't! My tank is on the other side of the house from my router so I would need to run a couple hundred feet of cable to hard wire it and I am not usually handy.

I set up a drip of part b (alk has been at 2.5 and ph at 7.8) before I left and planned to monitor the ph and adjust if needed, but I had my wife unplug the aqualifter as I was not sure if I had the failsafe logic and drip set correctly. No big deal but still annoying.

You know now that you put it that way, it is almost unforgivable that Apex doesn't have built in wifi considering that EVERYTHING does now days. Cost argument is nonsense too because you can buy a laptop for 1/2 the price of an apex. I'm no microchip whiz but I'm pretty sure a laptop has a bit more complex design and computing power than an apex. I love the apex peace of mind as well but the cost is astronomical for what the device axtually is.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure what's going on with my tank, the heat is going up starting at 78.4 at 5pm and going up to around 80.5 by 6am then starts falling back to 78 by 4 or 5pm. The room temp is 77 to 78 degrees and I only have a very small led light on at night. The heat cycle seems counterintuitive to what I would expect.

Heater is on the left side of the sump and is controlled by the Apex probe in the right side of the sump. Lights start ramping up at 8am to a max of 33 blue 22 white from 11-4 then ramp back down, then off at 11pm

Heater is upstream but it has 2 failsafes on it and has been within .2 degrees since I set up the apex. LED is the cheap refugium light that came with the tank, it is set to come on at 11pm and go off at 8am. Also the amps are off on the heater all night

So the temp has continued to rise, I was hoping that once it got to around 82 it would stop but it got up to 83 and was still going up so I picked up a $10 dollar clip on fan, hooked it up to the Apex and put it in the sump. The fan has brought down the temp to 81.5 and is keeping it there for now but I need a better solution. I do not want to go the chiller route and I am currently looking for a better fan. Has anyone tried any of the aquriam fans or should I build something with CPU fans?

Any chance you could post your temp graph from apex fusion?

If your tank is warming up at night with only your sump light on... I find that odd unless you have absolutely no circulation in the stand where the sump is.

I use $10 clip-on Walmart fans. Been working well for 4 years now... had to replace 1-2 in that timeframe.

• 1 month later...

I may have to admit my reefing addiction, I set a 90 day no live stock purchase goal. Then 40 days sober I go to get some water and find this.

BsC81Pa.jpg

AquaDome seems to be dialing in the their Mariculture tank which could be really bad for my condition.

• Like 1