100g Rimless with suspended canopy

OU12004

I am planning on a rimless 100 gallon tank with a custom stand and canopy

Planning on Cadlight tank and sump
Protein skimmer
Bioreactor

Reefbreeder Photon 48

1 Jebao RW-15 wave makers

I am set on the tank but I am trying to decide on how to connect the canopy to stand.

cXm8LMv.jpg

Edited by OU12004
  • Like 1

Have you checked out the build my led 20K strips? Some of the best color I have seen.

I would hang the canopy / light fixture from the ceiling.

You should be able to get away with 1 WP40 instead of 2 wp25's unless you end up with some dead spots. It's more than enough in my 90 gallon without any additional flow.

Have you checked out the build my led 20K strips? Some of the best color I have seen.

I would hang the canopy / light fixture from the ceiling.

You should be able to get away with 1 WP40 instead of 2 wp25's unless you end up with some dead spots. It's more than enough in my 90 gallon without any additional

Just checked out the Build my LED, I like that they are in Austin and I may be able to go see them and what the colors are like.

I think some of the display tanks at aquadome use them, too. But I don't think they are really set up for viewing at build my led. When I called she told me that the website is very true to what you'd see in real life. If your monitor shows colors right.

Edited by Planeden

I think some of the display tanks at aquadome use them, too. But I don't think they are really set up for viewing at build my led. When I called she told me that the website is very true to what you'd see in real life. If your monitor shows colors right.

Thanks for the info I stopped by the Dome and they did have the BMLED's on some of their tanks. They look good and I also really liked the Kessil lights they had on their clam tank, but I think I am going to go with the Reef Breeder Proton 48"

• 1 month later...

Just order the Cadlight 100g I knew the quality from my 18g and for a Starfire glass tank this seemed like the best choice for me.

Also got the sump, 1220 Skimmer upgrade, and bio-reactor from them. Not sure on the quality of these but I will let you know

Ordered the Reefbreeders Photon 48 after considerable research, there were many pics online of people keeping sps with good color with these and for the price I am taking the chance.

Also got the new Jabao RW-15 pump

Looks like I am fully committed at this point

• 1 month later...

Ordered the Photon 48 and pump from Reef breeders and it was shipped out that day. Light is Awesome and the pump is great to. The tank is being delived Tuesday, It only took 40 days to get the tank so it had better be great. Once I get the tank I can get started on the stand.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the tank after 40 days but no protein skimmer, pump, or filter media. Called and I was told a story about the skimmer not being made anymore but they did not make the new model yet, so they were going to make one of the old models. So they have to build the old model and send it. They also said the order was delayed so they could send the new model pump they were ordering. Tank looks good but customer service is a disappointment. I sure hope nothing goes wrong because getting something fixed might be a problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the tank on the unfinished stand my friend and I built over the wekkend. I never could find someone to build it for me so we just did ourselves.

1ALJtPVl.jpg

Does anyone know where I can buy some custom doors locally. I found some on line but they will not be delivered for 3-4 weeks

• 1 month later...

Got the doors from Rockler and got the first coat of paint on, but of course we ran out of paint and the store did not get any paint in this week. Hopefully they will get some paint in next week and I get this tank wet finally.

By the way does anyone know how the plumbing on a Cadlight tank goes together since they didn't send any directions and they are not answering my emails?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks KimP and Bpb.

I am looking for live rock and was considering going to TBS and ordering their live rock, has anyone ordered from there?

Anywhere else I should look at for live rock?

* Answered my own question Fishey Business has some really nice live rock if anyone is looking locally. I got some Pukani rock and it great.

Does it matter if your protein skimmer is before or after the bioreactor in the sump. I do not have room for the skimmer and the return pump but the bioreactor and the pump will fit together.

HO8tXkO.jpg

Wixz9Cj.jpg