210g Dream Tank

Mlaw

no they're supported all the way around. Right now there are a few places where the support has been removed (a 8-10 inch section in 2 places) for access for plumbing but when that is finished, and before a drop of water is added it will be supported on all edges and across 98% of the bottom.

I'll probably have to do a little bit of work to level it. The "stand" was pre-existing so I'm stuck with it and its flaws but I feel pretty good about being able to shim it up and make it right.

• 3 weeks later...

Added the ro/di system on Sunday. The water lines run up and into the attic. The source is a water heater that is about 40 feet away. Waste water will run up and out of the house into a flower bed. I'm probably going to T the waste water line and put in an alternate line that hooks to a drain, just in case I don't care to water the flowerbed in the winter etc.

Haven't hooked up the Di portion of the system to the Ro portion. I think I just need to hook the blue water out line from the Ro side into the only available input and then the blue hose leaving the Di unit is the water for my tank? 1549524_10203407130519558_888620159645331551458_10203407131039571_5526035330338410153972_10203407131399580_3384858456153

so I decided that I need to start running GFO, Bio pellets and carbon in reactors. I'm not sure why I decided that, other than it sounds like a really good idea and I don't want to have to add stuff later when I can't reach anything. I ordered the BRS versions of each reactor and am going to mount them up top with the RO/DI units. I think that will be cool looking as they are all basically the same design/shape. I'll use a 1200gph pump from my current tank to power them. I'll build a manifold out of pvc with valves to control each independently.

I'm still working on getting something done for doors. Looking into pre-milled but is taking longer than expected.

I have started the internal plumbing of the display. I will have 3 stand pipes, each with a maggie muffler. They will be made out of schedule 80 pvc and will have Ts that allow me to create shelves of rock to both hide the stand pipes and give me levels to place coral. Should have the skeleton of that up this weekend. I'm also hoping to have the RODI set up complete by then.

After that it will be time for lighting. The current plan is 3 72 inch long BMLs. I'm thinking 2 20ks and a single blue. Thoughts?

Not sure if you want to mount your RO/DI unit above your tank. Getting the filters off can be tough sometimes and it would be easier if you didn't have to climb on the tank to change them.

What are you using for a return pump?

Don't have a lot of choice or the placement of the RODI. There just isn't enough room in the lower area.

I've got a Jaebo dc-6000 waiting at Nico's for me to pick up. I'm going for a rather slow turn over from the sump. That should put me around 5x turn over per hour.

I'm still working on getting something done for doors. Looking into pre-milled but is taking longer than expected.

After that it will be time for lighting. The current plan is 3 72 inch long BMLs. I'm thinking 2 20ks and a single blue. Thoughts?

For doors be sure to check out Habitat for Humanity. You'd be amazed what they have available in existing cabinet doors, door frames, and other stock. I wish I had looked there before building my own for my last stand.

Also, the other option with BMLs is to go with 2' fixtures perpendicular to the tank. Check out my build thread here to see what it looks like.

Do we get a discount from BML for being members? please? Otherwise this is going to be pricey!

No fixed discount, but if you're doing a large order you may wish to contact Nick directly.

contacting them for knowledge and input seemed to work out well for me, too. cara pretty much told/guided me the color, size, mounting height, and beam angle i should use for my tank. but, you may know all you need to already.

Carpenter has been hired and is saying he will be done in 2 weeks. Unfortunately he wasn't satisfied with my leveling and reinforcing of the "stand" so we get to move the tank again. Yay me.

GFO, Carbon and Bio-pellet reactors have been installed and will be plumbed at least partially tonight. Pictures to follow.

• 4 weeks later...

The carpenter finished up this weekend. Not exactly as I had envisioned it but close enough.

Plan is to stain it to match the rest of the woodwork if possible. If I can't get it close enough to pass wife inspection we'll just paint it black.

Next step is to plumb it. I've decided to pull the GFO, carbon and biopellet reactors down from the upper area and work them into the area with the sump. I think I can make it fit. That will make things a bit less complicated.

10171000_10203721607101276_104680823512610269360_10203721607341282_4117324303489

• 5 months later...

thanks. It went on hold for awhile due to renovations at the house. It picked back up when I realized that the demo of the house would require shutting down my other tanks. Still not there but I have fish and stable parameters for now.

really digging the scape! great to see you were working being the scenes. what'd you end up doing for lighting?

edit, *squints* and is that a fancy canopy i see?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Bluemoon