Lesson Learned, QT your fish...... :(

Juiceman

Well I have lost 4 Anthias, 2 Tangs (One being my Achilles! GRRRRRR), and a Copperband Butterfly in the last 5 days. Pretty sure I got something from the Copperband.

I have gambled for a long time never QT'ing fish, and it finally bit me.

I am currently QT'ing all the fish are showing signs of what I think is Brook or Velvet.

OMG! I'm sorry to hear about that! I learned my lesson when I brought home a Coral Beauty from RCA and it killed my Japanese Swallow-tailed Angelfish, Two Clownfish, a Royal Gramma, a Mandarin Goby, Yellow Goby and (of course!) the CB that I bought. All in all I lost about $150 worth of livestock. The real kicker is I have a 10g QT and I just didn't set it up. doh.gif

That was alot of offers really fast, Thanks everyone! I found a 29 with stand that I'm going to buy from an ARC member. I'll use it to QT all my remaining fish, then later turn it into a sectioned QT system to stop this from ever happening again.

Awesome support!

Brooklynella would be my guess based on the pictures and speed it progressed. Even so, if the copperband was in remotely reasonable shape it would seem tough that it would introduce it. ****, just tough to see that poor blue tang like that. At least the purple is still swimming I suppose.

I have some dr Gs anti parasitic fish food I can bring over to your school if you want to give it a try. I used it in my reef tank and didn't have any coral die (in case you can't catch some of the fish).

Well

The hippo is swimming around now. I put in some fresh seaweed and added 5 more drops of cupramine. (Started with a half dose) per instructions online).

I'll take that as a good sign

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure to keep the oxygen up when you're treating, a bubbler helps drastically.

I've got 2 air stones and a hob filter moving water around

And frequent water changes.

I was wondering about that. They're in about 20g of water. How much should I change each day or 2 days?

check the instructions on the bottle for water changes. note that some of (perhaps most) will say change X% of the water and then redose meds. but you only add the meds based on the X% dose not the full tank volume. unfortunately, i have never seen a bottle that clearly states that. i have only found it online with FAQs and support provided by the manufacturer.

Yeah, If I read correctly, the changes are based on Ammonia and Nitrate levels, I figure I just go ahead and do small changes everyday and dose based on how much I change

Should I do changes from the Display or Changes of new water?

Archived