Hey everyone!

Leanan

Hello, my name is Tiffany and I've been in Austin for a few years now. I have quite a bit of freshwater experience (mostly community tanks), but I'm taking the plunge into saltwater for the first time! I'm planning my first tank, a mixed reef, to be started sometime next year. I'm still in research mode right now so I'm looking forward to reading up on the forums and learning as much as possible. I do have one initial question - are there any good custom tank builders in the Austin (or Houston) areas? I'm hoping to get a roughly 100 gallon rimless tank built, and I'm having trouble finding one. I've been looking at places online (Miracles, ReefSavvy, Leemar) but it would be great to find a place locally. Thanks in advance!

Tiffany,

Welcome aboard. We do enjoy playing here. There is a lot of knowledge here from many different view points. If your fresh water experience involved planted community fish tank, you may consider macro lagoons with brackish water fish. Start a thread in Lagoon subforum. There are many nice tanks listed in tank build forum. Members are very happy to share their thoughts.

Patrick

Hi Tiffany, and welcome!

I know that River City Aquatics and the Austin Aquadome can work with you to have a custom tank ordered. They are able to get quotes from multiple builders, and even better, you can often avoid shipping if you have it delivered to their store. I think that Fish Gallery may offer this service as well.

hi and welcome to the board. there are a lot of friendly people on here to help you with questions for your first build. well, second build, too, i suppose, but you are probably starting with just the first one.

Welcome! I am actually about to start to looking for a bigger tank to upgrade so interested in thread. I was going to go RCA - but feedback or thoughts on different companies - Blue Planet, DAS, DSA?

Archived